Christchurch Brewers Conference

The Christchurch Brewers Conference brewing competition.
  • Hops hops hops

Hi guys,So, work was doing a stock take on hops yesterday and found some they didn't want (some old hops and some from mac's brewery), so instead of throwing them out, gave them to me. Trouble is, I now have 60kg + of hops which I couldn't possible use by myself. (tragic, I know...)So who's keen to…

By Tom Ashton

• CBC 10/2010 - 14A English IPA

Dale has kindly provided a style for us to use for the next competition as below, however there is of course one small restriction... you have to brew with the hop from Tom Ashton. If you don't have any yet, please get hold of Tom or I and we will get some to you (or a lot, as there is a lot, hence…

By James P

• CBC 7/2010 - 10B American Amber Ale

We are all organised and confirmed for Sunday 25th July from 2pm - 4pm with our host's being Darryl and Colin @ West Coast Bar and Grill in Papanui.Style is American Amber Ale thanks to Tom. Aroma: Low to moderate hop aroma from dry hopping or late kettle additions ofAmerican hop varieties. A…

By James P

• Next CBC: Input required

Hi All Due to other commitments from Ally and I we are thinking about the date for the next CBC, but need your input to ensure we cater for as many people as want to enter. Is everyone happy to delay the CBC until the end of July (potentially 24th or 31st)? If not, please provide an alternative…

By James P

• CBC 4/2010: 13D. Foreign Extra Stout

We have confirmed a date with The Twisted Hop to hold the second CBC on 24th April 2010 from 3:30pm until 6pm in the No 8 room. Of course we encourage you to try some of the Hops fine ales whilst judging is undertaken, not that you haven't already! The style for this round is 13D Foreign Extra…

By James P

• CBC Case swap

Whos keen for a CBC case swap in the near future, as talked about at the comp on Saturday?

By Alelover

• CBC 1/2010 : 0E. New Zealand Pale Ale

Our first competition is being organised for late January /early "Febrewery" 2010. More information will follow in the coming weeks as to the location and actual date.The style chosen is NZ Pale Ale using the SOBA HBC guidelines as follows:0E. New Zealand Pale AleAroma: Showcases New Zealand hops…

By James P