Wellington Brewers Conference

• Wellington water additions

What water additions are you doing?  Not knowing where the water is supplied from is making it difficult.

By Chris Reid

• WBC Black IPA 19 May

A big thank you to the judges yesterday Neil Miller and Matt Warner from Parrot Dog brewing and attendees, Lee Jackson came in third so has chosen Black IPA for the next style, Andrew Cherry was in second and in first was myself.  Here is the style guidelines for Black IPA, bring it on I…

By Mike Neilson

• WBC Golden Ale 18th of Feb

Hi Just letting everyone know on short notice that the WBC Golden Ale will be on @ the Fork and Brewer @ 4pm on Sat the 18th of Feb

By Mike Neilson

• WBC English Special Bitter (ESB)

Again thank you to all the participants for this round of the WBC US Brown Ale, 15 entrants this round so $150 was won buy the ever gracious David Wood and Just behind him was Simon Kelly and Chris Reid. This round therre were a really broad range of beers and diffrent intpretations of the style…

By Mike Neilson

• WBC U.S Brown Ale 16th July

We are on this weekend from 4pm at the Malthouse, See Ya there

By Mike Neilson

• Beer Competition

Hi everyone Seems we haven't had a competition since April.Who lost the last comp as they set the next style?I don't mind organising it, let me know what style was selected or I will make one for you to brew. Chris

By Beer_ledgend

• American Amber Ale 16th April 2011 @ The Malthouse

Looking @ the 16th of April for the Next WBC American Amber Ale, I will be there will you?

By Mike Neilson

• RYE WBC and next competition beer

Hi allWe missed Mike yesterday and lots of man love was sent to him for a speedy recovery.  We especially missed the fact that we didn't get to try his beer in the 7 entries that were judge by Dion (who like a crystal clear beer), Neil, Kieran and myself. Sam from Hashigo Zake was the winner with…

By Steph

• Rye beer comp

Hi All Are we on for Jan 22nd for the Rye challenge? I have a contender in the fermenter now. cheers

By Steve Baker

• WBC 5 Vs Hallertau Maximus Humulus Lupulus

A big thank you for Colin for letting us host this event at the Malthouse and to Dion and Carl for judging the event. The winner of WBC IV went to Simon David Kelly with his intresting but stunning Tamarillo Ale it was a deserved winner as it was well executed for the style and just a good…

By Mike Neilson