Wellington

Wellington, the beer capital of New Zealand! A place for Wellington residents (and wannabe Wellington residents) to share information and beer.
  • "Free" Handpump at Bar Edward

One of my handpumps is at Bar Edward at the moment. We put it there for some Invercargill and Yeastie Boys beers but I've told James that I'm happy for anything to go through it.Did anyone get into Bar Edward to try Invercargill Stanley Green late last week? This is a beer that I've always wanted…

By Stu McKinlay

• WBC Tasting Notebook

A bit of an experiment if you will...There is now a little red notebook sitting on the Malthouse bookshelf behind the bar. The philosophy behind it is to write a few notes about the beers you're drinking. Giving an opportunity to share your thoughts as well as seeing how others rated what they…

By Matthew

• Wellington Brewers Meetup

So over a couple of pints with Dale a little earlier, we talked about the idea of having a brewers meetup. Not thinking about a couple of pints at the Malthouse, but a hands on day of brewing at someones house. Pretty much all my gear is portable, and I reckon others are too. We just need a space…

By Glynn Foster

• PKB (Yeastie Boys) & Bring your Daughter to the Porter (Steve Baker, Hallertau) - 7pm 16th June Malthouse

From Colin:Come along to the Malthouse from 7pm on Tuesday 16th June to experience this years release of 'Pot Kettle Black' from The Yeastie Boys, and 'Bring your Daughter to the Porter' from Steve Baker made @ Hallertau.The boys will be in the 'house from 7pm. The perfect night to banish those…

By Glynn Foster

• Top 10 Beer Outlets in Wellington

Rank your top 10 beer outlets in Wellington

By nzbrewer