Want to place an ad email firstname.lastname@example.org
$50+GST / month
So I'm going to make the move from BIAB to a 3 vessel system kinda soon, and I'm going to need a brewstand. I was wondering if you guys could offer some advice....
Here's the brief:
- I'm planning on using pumps, so it just needs to be one level surface, with a shelf underneath for pumps etc.
- It needs to be able to withstand having a gas burner going full tilt on it.
- Probably needs wheels so I can move it around a little bit.
- I can't weld.
- I don't have heaps of cash.
- I don't give a shit if it looks ugly.
Given those issues, what would you guys recommend to me? I know I probably should just fork out for a 2nd hand stainless bench, but if there are cheaper options around, I'd like to hear 'em!
Apologies if this has already been mentioned in other posts, but I couldn't find much when I searched the site.
Might be worth keeping an eye on these?
Check out my new rig here. I sourced the steel from a mate's old childhood trampoline which had been sitting at the bottom of his garden for 20 years. I have another mate who was keen to learn to weld so he used it as his learning project (and did a great job!) - I'm sure if you ask around you'll have a mate in a similar situation.
If you can't find anyone you know who's keen to weld it up for you, I would suggest popping into your local engineering companies and asking there - it's a really easy project for them and you'll probably be able to find one who will do it for a few cases of beer.