• Dave Paine
  • Nev Wanoa
  • Adam Sparks
  • Trent Dallimore
  • Matt Downer

Evan Davies's Discussions

Brew to Nation Brew Comp

Started Dec 10, 2012 0 Replies

Well Nelsonians as I suggested at the last meet, I reckon we all have about a month to brew our Nationalistic Brews. I am picking that the Jan meet is more than enough time to get our brews down and…Continue

Nelson Crate swap June 2012

Started this discussion. Last reply by Andy Selwood Jun 2, 2012. 3 Replies

Hey there Nelsonians, how does the Saturday 23rd suit you all, to meet here at mine in Stoke. Cheers EvanContinue

Gifts Received

Gift

Evan Davies has not received any gifts yet

Give a Gift

Evan Davies's Page

Profile Information

Favorite Beers?
Brown and bubbly, gold and bubbly,black and creamy
Favorite Breweries?
Sprig & Fern Nelson
Founders
Whychwood Oxford England
Harringtons
Favorite Bars/Pubs?
The Freehouse nelson
Upper Moutere
Sprig and Fern Brewery backdoor club
The Abbey(rustic charm and craft beers)
About Me:
Been brewing off and on for about 8 years(over a period of 20 years) with long periods of inactivity due to foreign travel, now settled in sunny Nelson just getting geared up again.

Evan Davies's Photos

• Add Photos

Comment Wall (10 comments)

At 7:34pm on July 27, 2010, Dale said…
Hey Evan, yeah come along to the next swap we are all at different levels and just love the drinking of beers. I think it's the first weekend in September. I'm just changing my setup to single tier at the mo so when that's done you should come round to mine (Monaco) to watch a brew and have a beer. Ta Dale
At 8:31pm on August 15, 2010, Adrian Tayler said…
sweet as, hope it all works out for you.. the rim I used was a 15" so I hope that helps.. If I was you I wouldnt go less than a 3 ring burner. cheers.
At 7:57pm on August 18, 2010, Dale said…
Sure will pass onto them and see what they can do for you..No probs about Sat, got a bigger pot coming so the next one we plan we could do a double batch and you take half away. Also going to need some more fittings. I'll txt.
At 11:38am on November 12, 2010, Daniel Miller said…
Hey Evan
Yeah it was great to meet you as well, it was a real awesome day and I'm looking forward to the next meet! I have put down an IPA and a Pils so I should have a bit to swap!
Well all my brews so far have just been of my own invention, but I do have a few web sites I check out so I'll post them up for you. In the mean time I would just have a real good around Realbeer as I'm sure there will be plenty of real great recipes floating about on here!!
Glad you enjoyed my beer, I called that one 'The Nutter'
At 12:27pm on November 12, 2010, Greydog said…
Hey Evan,

Finally updated my 'friends' list.

Let me know if there is anything you need. Grains crushed/recipes/odds and ends etc.

Looking forward to the next group get together.

John
At 4:19pm on November 18, 2010, Daniel Miller said…
Hey Evan, you want to flick me your Cell number? Or email me @ Funkinfusion@gmail.com. Just got a new/old keg I would like you to have a look at, not to mention the usual beer natter.
Cheers
Dan
At 9:33pm on March 28, 2011, Alan Newton said…
Hey mate, we had an awesome time cheers! Was real good to meet a few of the guys. We got through nearly all the list of beers, just 1 short. Music was good value i really enjoyed the Barons of Tang! I look forward to sharing some brews in a month!
At 8:41pm on June 9, 2011, Duncan said…
Awesome, thanks Evan.
At 1:36pm on July 30, 2011, Duncan said…

Hey mate.  Al did a great job on the kegs - I picked them up earlier in the week.  The brewstand is all done now too (minus attaching the final burner) so this weekend the mission is to get everything assembled so I can get everything cleaned and then run some tests, and calibration etc.

I put one keggle together last night, trying to get it water tight so I could soak it in PBW overnight (they were all pretty gross on the inside). My thread taping skills could do with some work, but otherwise it's looking good.  However, I may need to talk with you about some new gaskets for the bulkheads - I think the ones you've given me are a bit too thin - even with two of them I've got a small leak.  I'm going to pull this one apart again and reassemble it, so that could fix it, but I'll let you know.

Hopefully I'll have some photos to upload tomorrow.

At 7:48pm on April 17, 2013, Allen Shaw said…

Hi Evan  thanks for commenting I was not sure if I had set up the group contact correctly , I have been busy renovating but have some beer in fermentors which should be ok this time , when is the next beer meeting scheduled ? I really enjoyed the last one you took me to , they all seem a good bunch of  blokes (and lady) cheers Allen

You need to be a member of RealBeer.co.nz to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service