Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All

I live in Pukekohe and have been thinking about trying to start a Local Home Brew Club for a little while now. Mostly because none of my mates are in to the hobby or craft beer in general and also because there are no other options currently. I think it would be quite cool to meet up with like minded people over a beer or two from time to time and chat about all things beer and brewing. Swap some recipes, give tasting notes and maybe host the odd friendly competition. Group brew days could be organised and training education sessions etc. etc.

This post is all about gauging the level of interest that is out there in my region and if people want something like this to go ahead. Let me know if you're keen.

Cheers

Tom

Views: 820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there. I just moved to Kingseat and would be keen to get involved in something like this. Been home brewing for about 1 1/2 years now.

Cool, well at least there's two of us.

So far it seems there's two keen home brewers in the Franklin area including me. Its a start but more would be welcome. If you're in Drury, Waiuku Papakura etc you're included too.

Hey. I'm just wondering,.. Do you know where the water is sourced from around here? Just after a quick look I figured it's from the river. Do you filter your water or anything? Mines tasting a bit gross, so i'm not too keen to use it for brewing.

I sent an email to Watercare asking them for a report on it but have had nothing back recently. I think the water comes from a couple sources but mostly the Waikato. Mine is highly chlorinated and tastes like shit. I bought a carbon filter and drinking water hose but it tastes very hose like. Not sure how to get rid of that? I use Spring Water from my mother in laws place. Really nice water but I don't want to make the hour round trip every time I need to make beer.
The only information I managed to find was the annual water report for 2014/15 which includes the Waikato. It has all the averages for sulphate content and such for water calculations. I've tried using a filter, campden tablets and adjusting the sulfate to chloride ratio. So far it seems to taste alright. Beer is still fermenting, so maybe that's the way to do it.

That was the only info I could find also. For now I will just keep using spring water until I can get the filter/hose working properly.

I'm in Clevedon (is that still in the zone?!) and would be keen to meet/swap notes.

Sure, if you're keen to meet up.

Hey, did this ever turn into anything? I'm house hunting in pukekohe now and be great to come catch up see what the local scene is like. Get the important things out of the way
I'd still be keen for something. Perhaps something a little informal though.
Sweet sounds good I'm up for it. What were you thinking?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service