Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Today tried my first 23L batch (have been brewing half size to this point). Turns out my burner isn't quite up to the task. (no surprises, it's about 30 years old out of an old caravan!). Any recommendations or even better does anyone have one for sale? 

Cheers, 

Views: 352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Look at an electric option....no wasted energy and way cheaper

Cheers Nathan, hadn't even considered electric. What do people generally use?
Depends on your setup, I converted my HLT to electric recently (still use gas for the BK) and used a 10a 2500w weldless element kit from brew build, it was around 100$ with electrical box etc, mine is mounted in a 50L keg which I personally think is fine to heat my strike and sparge water. I thought it was good bang for the buck however I wouldnt switch to electric for my boil kettle unless I upgraded to 30a and used a far bigger element.

http://brewbuild.co.nz/Popup_pg_15.html

It all depends on your set up I guess as this only works for me as I only need to get to around 80deg which still takes around 40 mins.

I use this gas burner from bunnings, works well enough for me. I could go bigger but don't need to, and the smaller one I had previously worked but was a lot slower and I wouldn't recommend that size. 

With my 9kg bottle I probably get 8-10 brewdays, not sure exactly as I share the bottle with my BBQ.

Thanks Harry. Do you have a stand for your pot or does it sit directly on the burner?

I have it directly on the burner, always planned to build a stand but never quite got round to it

I just upgraded from a 2 ring burner from mitre10 to this italian spiral style

brewtopia burner. Leaps and bounds ahead of that i was using.  I need to mod it to fit my bbq framed rig but the stand it comes with fits a keg fine.

now you have me wanting one.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service