Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Usually when I buy beer it's kind of a treat, i have a fridge full of home brew so it's just to try something different or grabbing a couple of bottles on the way somewhere and price isn't too much of an issue. Now due to some technical difficulties I'm having to buy my everyday beers so looking for something a bit more economical, not cheap swill but $15 six packs rather than $10 bottles. So far I've had a 6 pack of Monteith APA and Macs green beret both beers I've enjoyed on tap in the past but finding the bottled ones pretty average. Any suggestions?

Views: 612

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a good chance to explore. Been through a period with the brewery packed up and out of action myself recently.
My everyday beers (6 pack under $15 and in no particular order) have been: moa session pale ale and pils, macs sassy red and hop rocker ( a tad disappointing compared with days gone by), schoffehofer and Coopers pale. Have to admit my faves are coopers sparkling and stout though. I'd avoid the founders, monteiths and macashin beers after not being that impressed with a few of their offerings.

Seriously and im not kidding here......I drank a few ranfulry draughts the other day and they actually taste like a good malty beer you couldnt really pick up on the bulking agents at all......Id buy them again

Macs Three Wolves is a nice drop. If you like lagers then Moa original is nice and really cheap (got a 6 pack for $13 the other day). 12 Packs of Pilsner Urquell can be had for $25 too.

I have been enjoying the Monteith's Brewer Series American Pale-Ale 6-pack but they jacked the price up now just sitting under the $15 mark and find it at Pak n Sav. Very nice!!!

Macs Sassy Red is my go to 6-er 

For a main stream beer the green beret is fantastic, founders pale ale and IPA are okay for a change too, personally I'd rather spend the extra $3-$5 and go the tuatara range but I'm the sort of guy that would rather spend $20 on 2 good bottles of beer and enjoy them as opposed to wasting good money on a dozen Tui, Heineken etc.

I will fall back to the Moa range in a pack more often than not.

Then for "research" I will try 1 or 2  selected bottles of anything that looks interesting or that I might have heard about.

Gives great perspective on ones own efforts and surprisingly...I do like my own brews even after the others.

Be a crap day if one lost faith in your own brews!

I particularly like moa session pale ale. I think it is quite nice from the taste, although it quite cheap.

IMHO, go the extra $5-7$ and get a sixer of PanHead Supercharger, Liberty Halo Pilsner or Oh Brother Pale Ale, worth the extra buck a bottle I reckon. 

I end up spending $20 in a sixer and get panhead supercharger or epic pale ale.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service