Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Expressions of interest please to get an idea of numbers.. Thinking swap about 20th of June   Hopefully a full swap given the new of number Grain father owners !!

The process goes something like this:

1. Brew a beer you're proud of and want other brewers to try and give feedback on.
  2. Post your recipe as a separate thread in the NZ case swap group - feedback from others'll be posted under your own recipe thread.
  3. Bottle it up in 750s - plastic bottles are best as they have to be shipped around the country using "smash and stomp" courier service.  Plastic being lighter also keeps the costs down a bit too. 
  4. How many you send in will depend on the interest we get ----> total number to contribute = number of brewers in the swap minus 1
  5. Get your beers to a central point under your own steam.
  6. The organisers then make up a bundle of mixed cases and send them out. 
  7. Receive your case, chill, drink and enjoy while giving feedback on the beer to the brewer via their CS recipe thread.

I'm happy to be the Auckland depot again this time around. 

If we get a few interested from Wgtn/ ChCh or elsewhere it might be good to have local "hubs" and organisers there too.  Shipping with NZ post to Auckland (assuming this is the only depot as it was last time, that we've got 13 brewers and everyone is using PET bottles not glass is about $20 from the North Island and $35 from the South.  

Redistribution costs split over the lot of us came to about $10 each. 

So to summarise costs, if Auckland is the central point, are:

$10 for Auckland brewers who drop off and pick up in person

$30 for other North Island brewers

$45 for South Island brewers

How does that all sound? 

All that said last time there where only AKL people and it was free... sometimes I stump up the WGTN courier fees from a side line business I have, lets see what happens we try to do this as cheaply as possible.

Views: 936

Replies to This Discussion

Count me in

I'll give it a shot. I'm in the Auckland area. 

I'm in (down here in Wellys)

Not sure about the beer yet - will put thinking cap on!

Count me in.  Will put up a Pilsner

Good stuff,  I have a pacific Gem Pils that I am about to bottle from a yeast that Ryan gave me in a beer swap,  may , make it in yet,  I brewed tasty's method of quick lagers.   Wont be very hoppy, it will be a real roof shout lager.   But its gluten free as I Clariferm'ed it.

Cool. This pils is northern brewer and Hallertau. Not a hop monster but a good wack of bitterness. Old recipe first time adapted for the grainfather, just started Lagering.

What yeast did you use?  My current pils is chilling and is on http://www.whitelabs.com/yeast/wlp802-czech-budejovice-lager-yeast   I plan to bottle it this weekend all going well,  Have not taste tested it yet.  I have some ESB backup brews in bottles that are developing ok for a few weeks in (1968 is good but the us04 is a bit muted, same wort the us04 seems a real hop killer/malt forward yeast, will see over next few months)  and UK Pale Ales (1968 and 1469) that will also be bottled with plenty of time to spare if required,   I have put beers into this swap that I had not actually tasted when first starting... won't do that again, was a hot ferment.

This one was brewed using Saflager W34/70.  Ready to bottle this weekend. Bitterness is remarkably milder the last batch.  

I'm keen if there is space - have a nice pilsner style that reminds everyone of summer.

There is really no limit and its a while till swap day so more can join in, although many people can only cope or want to give up 12 bottles.   We have not had more then 10 on my shift total before but I normally assume that up to 12 may be required.

I'm keen to join in again, not sure what the beer will be yet.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service