Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Apologies to the spiders who may have made a home in the cobwebs that seem to be forming in this group, but we have news! And it's about beer!

The 121st Nelson A&P Show is coming up on the weekend of the 22nd of November at the Richmond Showgrounds, and there will once again be a home brewing category.

The details are still being ironed out, and once they are I'll get a flyer up here and around town with a bit more information. Tuesday 18th of November is the date your brews will need to be delivered to the showgrounds on, so plan your brew schedules (or preserve!) accordingly.

There are likely to be five prize categories: Ale, Lager/Pilsner, Dark (Porter, Stout, Doppelbock etc), Experimental, and novice (all styles, open to those who have not won a previous A&P show prize).

As well as the usual glory, prize cards, and ribbons, there will also be brewing supplies from NZ Brew Supplies.co.nz awarded to the winners.

More details to follow soon!

Views: 256

Replies to This Discussion

Any more details on this Gareth? I've never entered beer in A&P show so not sure how it works. Where and when does the judging take place and who are the judges? Is there a tasting session or anything for entrants at the actual A&P show?

Hey Aidan. Sorry I'd totally forgotten to update this with the relevant info.

The show is at the Richmond Showgrounds on lower Queen St. Entries can be taken along to the main office there no later than the 18th of November. The office is open on Tuesday the 18th between 9am and 1pm as well.

It's a closed judging, with the judges being an exclusive panel comprising some of Nelson's finest beery types. Unfortunately there won't be any tastings on showday itself (...as far as I'm aware, I'll confirm and update if that's not the case) but there will be colourful prize ribbons, trophies with names engraved for posterity, and general bragging rights up for grabs!

Here's the link to the beer schedule and registration form:

http://richmondpark.org.nz/nelsonapshow/competion-schedules-entry-f...

so when do the competition results get announced?

All of the exhibits will be on display at the show, along with the appropriate awards. I'm also planning on emailing out the scores and judging notes shortly after the event.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service