Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Sorry for the late post. Our next Clone War will take place at Hallertau on Saturday 27th September. Hope to see you all there.

Our next Clone War beer is: Leffe Blonde

DESCRIPTION

"Leffe Blond is a pale abbey beer, with a full, sunny, golden colour. It has a smooth and full bodied taste and a rich creamy head. Like all the Leffe beers, it is a connoisseur beer that is easy to drink. "

TASTING NOTES

Pours with a rich, clear golden colour and a massive, foamy head. The spicy clove/banana hops hits your nose immediately, but subtly. The taste is reminiscent of the best Belgian white beers, but filtered to a smooth, bubbly gold and not too sweet. An exceptional beer.

BELGIAN ALE

Belgian-style ales seldom fit neatly into classic beer styles, but this category represents those "session" ales (in Belgium this means under 7% abv!) that do not fit other categories. Colour ranges from golden to deep amber, with the occasional example coming in darker. Body tends to be light to medium, with a wide range of hop and malt levels. Yeastiness and acidity may also be present.

Views: 528

Replies to This Discussion

So.... is anyone brewing this? 

Just a reminder that the competition is in about 4 weeks time. Let me know if you plan to attend/enter. 

Cheers

yes have 2 feeble attempts, will be there.  same wort across 530 and 1762, damn they are different.   Will piut cast offs into the number 1 queen st swap fridge.

Yes - I'll be there

Yup - I'll be there!

I have a clone made, just don't know if I can make the day. Bruce has a beer also, so he may be able to bring my winner as well.

haha - dream on buddy, that prize money is all mine!

How did you go in the Beervana comp?

Meh. Got 10th for the Pohutukawakamanuka. Scored 37/50 though, so good enough for a bronze on the BJCP. Small reward.

I had one, but I drank it all myself…. and now I feel disgusted and ashamed :(

Hey everyone!

I sent out an email but I don't think everyone is on my email list so posting here as well.

We have a conflict on this date, 27Sep with the Hallertau Street Food Festival which starts at 7. So we have a choice:

We can meet early - say around 11 or 12 and be out of their way when they need to set up

OR
We can move our competition to Sunday, 28th at the usual time.

Let me know urgently, please - especially those of you who had entries.

Cheers
Barb

Bugger - Saturday 12 o'clock suits me best.

Sorry, Dan. Consensus was for Sunday. 

Let me know if you can still make it. Hope you can.

I smell a conspiracy to steel my win! I should still be able to head down though. See you all then. Thanks again Barb!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service