Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

how do you force carbonate?

Now that my issues are relatively sorted, Its now holding pressure.

I'd like to force carbonate, for tomorrow afternoon, whats the process you use?

Views: 352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey mate, my fail safe method for 24 hour turnaround:
Put keg in fridge
Disconnect any other kegs.
Connect keg, purge headspace (pull relief valve 3 times)
Crank pressure up to 280/300 kPa
Leave for 24 hours
Back pressure off completely
Purge pressure off keg
Turn pressure back on to pouring – I use between 60 and 80 kPa
Pour your force carbonation tasty beverage.

i assume the 280-300 kpa is 28-30 psi

you are now running well short of time , put pressure to 35-45 ish high as you system will practically go ...and I shake the keg for about 5 mins....    you will hear gas going into keg (neededs to be at 2C ish)    then leave it sitting 30 min shake again 5 mins, leave overnight......all at  45 psi,,, before serving you will have to detach gas in and bleed keg then set co2 to 12.5 ish and recharge and leave to settle for about 1 hour then serve, good luck tho as its not that long till serving time...try to keg you jugs in freezer etc as the colder the better re foam, leave keg as cold as possible ie 2c or lower throughout this... you want as little foam as possible if beer is slightly undercarbed...

Using over-pressure, you will never get consistent results unless you can exactly replicate how much you shake it for.

Use a chart to find out the pressure you need for the temperature of the beer and the desired carbonation. Set that pressure and shake the keg until you can shake it and not hear any gas flow through the reg. It will take less than half an hour, and will be repeatable.

Smiffy

I've found cranking up the pressure and giving the keg a damn good shake speeds it up heaps. You can hear the extra gas going in and when the noise fades give it another shake.

Keg carbonated in 10 mins usually, downside is if your kegged beer has had poor filtering out of yeast/hops it'll take a day to settle out.

Awesome cheers guys. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service