Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Saw this in the Wellingtonian yesterday....not a bad read

Views: 187

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting. I might try some dark chocolate with a pint of porter tonight.

I'm quite partial to a hoppy American Wheat Beer with my F&Cs (although it does kill the head pretty quickly).

Anyone else have any favourite beer & food combo's?
A good porter or stout, via beer engine (or poor man's beer engine), with a nice camembert and a fresh baguette.
None at all for me beer and food are mutually exclusive i drink what i feel like drinking and eat what i feel like eating although i find that pork scratchings go with everything!
Pork Scratchings are definitely the new black!
Robust porter and prosciutto are a great match. The beer cuts through the salt and really brings out the flavour.

If anyone's interested in matching food and beer, I highly recommend Garrett Oliver's book "The Brewmaster's Table".
guys, since you are talking about beer and food matching, DineOut (www.dineout.co.nz) is currently running a poll on:

What's your preference with dinner? The choice of answers is Beer, Wine, Spirits, Fizz, water.

We all know Beer is the clear winner so make sure you enter your vote.

p.s.s.s The Brew Master's Table is a good book, we have it on the bookshelf, although it has been a bit dusty since we started making beer.
What an absolutely wonderful article. So good to see beer portrayed in a positive light, compared with food and restaurants. Well done Neil. What a breath of fresh air.
Except the article was written last year after last year's Beervana, and Martin Bosley had not 'ripped out his beer selection and replaced them with regional beers of various styles' the last I heard.
I have heard from several people that there is still very little on Martin Bosley's menu to attract beer drinkers, despite his comments after Beervana 2008.
Sad really, because we all know beer is far better paired with food than wine is.
hi Densie, i agree with you but the DIneout Poll doesn't . . . .right now it is 20% beer to 60% wine . . . . . . .
And, fair point by Denise...NO beer list last time I went to Bosley's
http://martin-bosley.com/menus/beer-list.htm this is what is currently advertised
I've seen worse

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service