Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I've been looking for the 10 gallon RubberMaid round orange coolers for a while now. No luck in Wellington. Has anyone seen one recently?

I have seen a 20L version for $70 in FCO but this will only do for 23L batches at most I reckon.

Views: 3730

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah they had them in Storage Box in Lower Hutt a few months ago. Maybe you could ask them if they can get some more.

I think they were the 30l+ versions.

btw the Coleman Extremes (34l and 47l) work well for mashtun. They have a drainage channel that helps you get every last drop of you sweet wort out and are easy to install the pluming on.. 

Thanks Grant. I had checked Storage Box and they no longer stock the round Rubbermaid coolers in Lower Hutt or Wellington.

Where are these from Grant and roughly how much?

INI used to sell them so maybe you could see if they could order more in? If he wasn't planning on getting more in it may take some time as it comes by boat. My burner took 3 months or so to arrive from memory but it was the burner I wanted so was happy to wait.

Morebeer.com has them but it may be round $300NZD sort of thing to land one here.

I got one through John Monk Trading in Penrose, Auckland.  http://www.johnmonktrading.co.nz/

Just email them directly, they should be able to help out. 

(Just keep it down low, they're primarily a warehouse and apparently the retailers don't like consumers skipping them. Funny, because neither you nor myself could find them available anywhere).

Payless Plastics in Tauranga have 10 Gallon round rubbermaid coolers coming in in the next week or 2, $199 each. I thinkm they may be available nationally based on what I was told

You can get one through Fishpond. At the moment $209 for 10 gallon delivered but delayed delivery as shipped from States. Someone on this forum got one recently.

You can buy Igloo 10 Gallon coolers from Amazon for $100 USD including shipping. Be quick though, $40 is a really low price, and I imagine it will go back up soon.

wow you win...thats crazy cheap!

I was keen on getting a rubbermaid cooler until i saw Chubby's video and he said it has 2 litres of dead space. Seems like a lot of wort to leave behind. Can anyone confirm? 

There could be 2L under a false bottom but there is nothing stopping you from having the collection tube at the very bottom,  meaning the lost wort is only 500ml

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service