Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hello again

Is there anyone here living in Auckland who grows their own hops? I am currently growing four different types (no idea what though) and would be keen to do a "hop swap" at some point once they start to take off. I'm pretty sure one of my hop plants is a Hallertau, but then again I can't say for sure. Also, is there any way of knowing for sure?

Cheers. :)

Views: 2218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yep keen to swap ive got a random one aswell plus a smooth cone you can take cuttings from the bines i think

im just south of akl
Thanks Chad - I'm keen to do a swap once they've grown a few more shoots. Have you brewed with your hops? And yes, I think the majority of my hops are some kind of smooth cone variety. I have no idea how to determine what kind they are..
Thanks Chad - I'm keen to do a swap once they've grown a few more shoots. Have you brewed with your hops? And yes, I think the majority of my hops are some kind of smooth cone variety. I have no idea how to determine what kind they are..
yeah after i saw your post i did some research into how to id them not too much info though

never brewed with them i grew one last year but didnt get any flowers

hey dude i have ground layered my plants and they now have roots on them ready to become new little plants; do you still want to swap? im ready if you are, i have 2 different varieties

give me a shout 0272013826

Hey Chad

Sorry for the late reply! Yeah totally keen to swap hops with you. Mine have only just started sprouting though, I've already taken a cutting of one but am waiting for it to grow roots. Soon as I plant it we'll do a swap eh?

I have rooted cuttings of Smoothcone and Mystery German if anybody in Akl wants some.

I'm still on the lookout for Danscade, but haven't found anybody up here yet who has that variety available.

I'd be keen to exchange cuttings for some beer if you're interested.  Sorry I can't swap for some Danscade but keen to get into growing hops if I can. 

You can have the cuttings for free - these plants are so aggressive that that I've got cuttings coming out of my ears (so to speak...).  PM me with your details and I'll arrange to drop them off.

Thanks Cascade - PM about to be sent.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service