Grainfather Users Group

Information

Grainfather Users Group

Members: 48
Latest Activity: Nov 13, 2018

Discussion Forum

Grainfather Version history

Started by Jeff Nov 13, 2018. 0 Replies

Hi all.I've re-discovered home-brewing over the past three years having previously made some awful stuff in the early eighties with a bunch of mates whose common thread was having a mortgage and no…Continue

WORLD Brew Day - Sat May 5th

Started by Chris Carter. Last reply by Chris Carter May 6, 2018. 3 Replies

HIJust wondered if any of you are partaking.  Sounds like good excuse to brew another beer and have a bit of fun along the way.I'm housing a brewday with a few folk who are keen to learn about AG…Continue

Tags: World Brew Day 2018, Little Creatures IPA Clone

Grainfather Beer Quality

Started by MrC. Last reply by MrC Apr 30, 2018. 9 Replies

There is plenty of information on the web about the brewing experience with the Grainfather and to honest it looks very appealing and I'm tempted to get my credit card out right now and buy one.…Continue

Tags: Quality, Beer, Grainfather

Reiteration mashing

Started by Mark Weusten Apr 3, 2017. 0 Replies

I did an Imperial stout in the weekend and mashed two lots of 5kg grain to get the required abv. Week 74 Grainfather blog tells me to…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment by Dene McDonald on October 3, 2014 at 3:55pm

There's a fair bit of discussion around the Grainfather so I've started a users group where we can post our findings, mods, recipes, photos, videos and more!

Comment by Dene McDonald on October 3, 2014 at 4:22pm

Don't know if this guy is on RealBeer, but  found this on Youtube.  A nice run through.

Comment by Matt Poff on October 3, 2014 at 6:24pm

Great idea Dene - good to have this focused thread. In the spirit of the endeavour, I'll repost this thread I mentioned in the other one of a brew-off test between the Grainy and the Braumeister - may help anyone sitting on the fence.

Grainfather versus Braumeister brew-off by Oz owner of Braumeister.

Comment by Dene McDonald on October 3, 2014 at 6:39pm

Just started a Facebook page too - will allow international people to join too!

Comment by Dene McDonald on October 3, 2014 at 8:31pm
Comment by Crusader-Rob on October 7, 2014 at 4:27pm

just a quick question, I'm not generally looking to buy one, but interested as there been some talk about the separate heat source for sparge water, people seem to be using Hot water urns in some situations?Are you able to tell me what sort of size your using??

Comment by Mark Weusten on October 7, 2014 at 4:52pm

I have a 28 litre one which I find always gives me more than enough

Comment by Dene McDonald on October 7, 2014 at 5:59pm

I'm going to get a cheap 28 litre from Trade Me. Until then I'll just use my old brew pot.

Comment by Pilgrim on October 7, 2014 at 6:23pm

I have a 20L SS pot that I used on a gas burner for my first brew. Since then I considered buying the distilling dome but at $440 I thought that was a bit steep, so I bought a Copperhead still for $295 which comprises both the boiler and the distilling head and condenser. For my next brew I will be using this boiler to heat up the sparge water. See http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/lifestyle/home-brewing/brewing...

Comment by Crusader-Rob on October 8, 2014 at 7:30am

Nice work guys, Yeah I'm toying with adding a HLT to my BIAB setup, via a Hot water urn.
much like one of these.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/retail-hospitali...
Or this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/retail-hospitali...
which one would you recommend?

Comment

You need to be a member of Grainfather Users Group to add comments!

Members (47)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service