Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Mt. Maunganui Brewers

Information

Mt. Maunganui Brewers

Wondering if any home brewers in the mount area would like to start a group, perhaps a monthly tasting/discussion would be fun.......

Members: 19
Latest Activity: Jul 6, 2016

Discussion Forum

Mount Brewing Company Homebrewers meeting this Thursday 22/8/13

Started by mattd2. Last reply by JumpR Aug 25, 2013. 8 Replies

Saw in the paper on the weekend that Mount Brewing Company is having a homebrewers meeting this Thursday (22/8/13) at 7:30pm (I have to check the time!)I'm going to try and get along to it, just…Continue

Monthly get together & Case swap

Started by mattd2. Last reply by mattd2 Jul 2, 2013. 39 Replies

So looking back it looks like the last time a get together was organise was about a year ago. I was thinking about New Year's resolutions today and thought I should really get out there and met some…Continue

Liquorland Spring Fest 2012

Started by mattd2. Last reply by mattd2 Nov 9, 2012. 4 Replies

So is anyone going this time round? What was this last one like, had a look at the phtots on facebook and it looked good = lots of standing round drinking good beer!Interested in the lineup, looks…Continue

Gladfield Malt

Started by Arron. Last reply by Scott Lyon Aug 24, 2012. 3 Replies

Hey guysAny all grain brewers here?Im getting 2x 30kg sacks of Gladfield Malt delivered but can get upto 300kg for the same shipping costs.Is anybody keen for any? $50 + gst per 30kg + share of…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment by Rhyno on July 19, 2011 at 11:32am

I'd be keen, would love to mingle with some like minded folks. Sadly the wife just doesn't get into the whole craft beer scene :)

Comment by mattd2 on July 19, 2011 at 11:40pm
Sound like an awesome idea. Got our 3rd child due in a couple of weeks but should be able to get out for a beer or two.
Comment by Scott Lyon on July 20, 2011 at 3:14pm

Hi Matt, Thanks for the interest , look forward to meeting you.

What sort of brewing are doing?

Comment by mattd2 on July 20, 2011 at 11:43pm

Not much at the moment, just piecing together stuff to get fully into all grain. Just got my keggle back from the shop so now I have to wire up the element and should be ready to go.

What about yourself?

Comment by Scott Lyon on July 21, 2011 at 9:08am
We are doing all grain BIAB in a 40 L electric urn at the mo, Have done 6 brews and the beer is proving so popular that we have been forced to start building a bigger kettle. Two kegs welded together with a water jacket for cooling, have a look at my pics to see the beginnings. We mostly like brewing pale ales but have also done a stout and a porter.
Comment by mattd2 on July 22, 2011 at 9:36am
Yeah I saw your photos, was wondering what you were doing. That thing looks like it will be pretty sweet, Are you going with an LPG burner or electric? I'll have to try get a chance to upload some of my photos onto here.
Comment by Scott Lyon on July 22, 2011 at 4:58pm
Going to go electric, 2 or 3 2200w stst elements, think it will be easier than gas, getting the elements from an australian home brewing site. Probably end up cheeper set up and running costs too. We are aiming for 50L in bottles from each brew, might have to lift the bag out with a block and tackle, and top up with water to get that tho. Also going to try a water jacket cooling set up around the keg instead of immersion chiller, not sure if the stst will conduct heat well enough but we can always fill it with foam and go back to immersion.
Comment by mattd2 on July 29, 2011 at 10:48pm

Sounds intense, 50 litre BIAB would be a killer bag but awesome!

Just finished wiring one (or half depending how you look at it) of my 3-heat elements up tonight and the test is going good. Pay day today so I'll have to try get some supplies ordered for a brew. Baby might be out tonight so might be a bit tire over the next few weeks but hopefully find a bit of time to brew!

Comment by Scott Lyon on July 30, 2011 at 8:10am

Nice one , good luck with the baby!

Comment by mattd2 on August 4, 2011 at 11:00pm

Baby came yesterday morning at home (planned!), the keggle was there ready and waiting with 40 litres of hot water if needed.

Another package came yesterday as well, grains from Brewshop.co.nz, so I am looking at bewing a 10 lb 10 oz grist Red ale to celebrate soon!

Comment

You need to be a member of Mt. Maunganui Brewers to add comments!

Members (19)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service