Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Popped into the Malthouse for a quiet couple last night and ended up sharing a few with the Handsome & Softly Spoken Proprietor.

- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Last pint out of the keg. A classic.
- Tuatara APA Batch 4 on tap. Wow! What IS that aroma? Ultra-dry finish. Nice stuff.
- Tuatara APA in bottle. Earlier batch, little bit more crystal, less aggressive aroma. Preferred the tap version.
- Croucher Pale Ale on handpump. I love this expression of this beer.
- Croucher October IPA through mandarins. Too much citrus, overwhelmed the beer. Will probably be better in a day or two.
- Sierra Nevada Tumbler. Seasonal brown ale. Awesome drop. Lovely balance. I was expecting more aggressive hopping from an American brown ale but it was perfectly poised.
- Deschutes Hop in the Dark. The best example of a Black IPA/Cascadian Dark Ale I've tasted. More chocolate than roast, plenty of hop but not overwhelming, and the whole thing came together well.

Reminded me why I love the Malty so much.
I thought that SNPA was pretty shabby. Drinkable but shabby.

So, I guess you're not boycotting greymarket beers??? Good stuff, I'm not either.
I was over the greymarket debate last time round. This time round I'm SERIOUSLY over it.
a man after my own heart...
It's a good hot-weather drink, seen it as low as 1.99 per can at times.
Yeah, as it warmed up it started to develop a bit more and i decided my original view was a bit harsh. on balance it was a nice enough beer for a hot day, a la Coopers.

$1.99 a can would make it a regular visitor in my fridge.
Just had an Old 95 as part of beer options practicse. Massive acetaldehyde; so much so the beer was unreognisable. Anyone else had it, found this? We knew it was an NZ beer but I initially refused to believe it was an Emersons...didn't think they ever made a faulty beer. Certainly not as bad as this.
Yep, it was pretty bad. Drain pour.
You should get in touch with them, and let them know the batch number and stuff.
Dropped the girls at North City and called into the North Welly hop plantation, um I mean Chris's
Caught up with the new additions to the brew shed and the growth in the garden and dropped off some jalepeno seeds

I wouldn't normally contemplate a beer on Sunday morning, but a taster of his Minimus was too much to pass up.
Great sub 1.040 beer with hops leaping out of the glass at me - might have to get some Golden Promise and some fancy hops myself !
Had the real Minimus on Friday and it's a cracker. Very tropical with pineapple and stone fruit, it's the the perfect summer thirst quencher.
it's the the perfect summer thirst quencher

You mean it's even better than a North Welly Golden Ale ???

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service