Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Riwakas out so opted for the dirty old cousin thats just got out of prison....Motueka. Dry hopped tonight and took a gravity reading. Holy shit-balls batman this is gonna be a good-un !

US-05 was the yeast weapon of choice.
I'm brewing my Maximus Clone tomorrow. I filled with the mixture of excitement and fear that accompanies brewing such a big beer. I have lashed out on a set of electronic scales so I will have a bit more precision for these small but frequent hop additions.

I'll be sticking to the recipe apart from using TF Halcyon malt and using Denny's favourite 50 yeast.
You rebel...

It'll be a different beer alltogether without doubt.

I can't wait to have a taste though - I think it'll be better.
I didn't actually try this years Maximus so I will be blissfully ignorant.

I'll send you a bottle for sure, unless I really screw something up which can never be discounted.
Brewing mine on Sunday - I'm sticking to the recipe, but using Pearl base malt and US-05 yeast.
I came in at 1.063, so close enough. Its amazing how much wort you lose with that many hops. A 26L boil, only 16L in the fermenter, plus what I'll lose from the dry hopping.
It'll be about three inches in the bottom :)
Yip and thats why it costs so much at the pub!!!
Worth every cent though ...
120% Correct!! Funny though after the first day of dry hops for our APA I went to go and do my daily dumping of yeast trub etc I opended the 2 inch bottom valve of the conical and nothing came out bent over and had a look and it was full of hop seeds and non hop matarial!! you should of seen the shit (Yeast hops) that came out of the fermenter!!! and its only an APA wait till a IPA!!!!!! it will be a half a days work to clean the bloody FV
Ah the joys of commercial brewing ... I'll swap you my desk job if you like :o)
1450 is a real turtle of a yeast. First 3 days down to 1.042 then only 0.003 a day. One week of fermenting and its at 1.028. I'm reading its a 3 week fermentation yeast! Ah well so long as it attenuates...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service