Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I am going to be visiting NZ in late-June/July and am looking to find out what breweries, brewpubs and beer bars I absolutely must not miss.

The plan at the moment is to start out in Christchurch and then I will be driving to Dunedin, Milford, Queenstown, up the West Coast, then to Nelson and Blenheim. I will then be crossing to Wellington, Rotorua and Auckland.

Thanks for any help you've got. I'm also open to any suggestions for beers that a good hophead can't miss.

Thanks in advance.

-David

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can second Inch Bar in Dunedin.

Though I haven't been there in ages I have very fond memories of a few evenings spent drinking some lovely Emerson's beers in its friendly, cozy environs.
Hi David,
Would love to see you here at the Mussel Inn. We close for our winter break on the 17th of July. Check out our website for whats on - closing party is always a humdinger!
I second that, the Mussel is probably the best live music venue in the country. Epic.
It's one of the best venues in the country period. :)
Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately, much as I'd like to, I don't think that I will have the time to get all the way up to Onekaka.
That ok - we'll be here for a while.
I'm hell bent on chartering a plane for Marchfest next year... hopefully SOBA will put it on the official agenda but I can't think of any better start to that weekend than landing on that grass airstrip down the road and walking down to Mussel Inn. Can you make sure a good band is on that night!? Wilco would be good but I'll settle for something else.

If I had more time I'd love to ride over but I might have to do that another time.
We almost got Wilco a while back - and we're still open to them of course. But yes - it's an easy flight from Welly to here - and Im thinking we're going to have to book two vans to get us over the hill next year anyway - maybe three...the only problem is getting up at 9 in the morning - but I'm sure i'ts possible.
I would travel to Onekaka for Wilco (and of course the beer), saw them at the Blues festival in Whitianga a couple of years ago, once they got the sounds sorted they were awesome. How was the Phoneix Foundation?
I've seen them 4 times now - they'd probably all be in my top ten concerts of all time! Amazing live band. The drummer is, by far and away, the best I've ever seen (in a list that includes Sly Dunbar).
The drummer is awesome. And, seeing them at the Mussel Inn would be beyond awesome. Hope Nick is reading this but flying into Onekaka on the trip is THE way to go.
Hi Guys,

I'm in Christchurch now. I will be heading to Pomeroy's tomorrow evening for the NZ v Wales test and would love to meet a few of you for a pint. I can be contacted on 0220271664 so please do let me know if you would like to meet up.

Cheers,

David

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service