Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Where does everyone buy their brewing salts?

I been getting: 
- Gypsum (CaSO4) & Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3) from my LHBS
- Tartaric Acid & Baking Soda from Pak N Save
- Epsom Salts (MgSO4) & Citric Acid from my wife (via GoNative)

Where can I buy Calcium Chloride & Sodium Chloride in small amounts?
In Wellington?

Views: 2805

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sodium chloride will be in your pantry or on your dining table.

Craftbrewer has calcium chloride, but I don't know where in Wellington you can get it. I've got plenty though if you want a bit.
brewerscoop also has it
Sodium Chloride- can you get non iodised table salt from the supermarket or am i barking up the wrong tree?
barking up the wrong tree

Tree ? In your case more likely a hop bine !
Barking up the wrong hop bine! Only at full moon jt!

Can you still go to your pharmacy and get small amounts of basic chemicals like the above?
full moon

And a full krausen too ?
Always!!
I tried to get non-iodised salt from the supermarket last week but couldn't find any. Plenty of other mysterious "sea salt" type things but nothing that I would confidently use for brewing.
Try commonsense organics, they have a few salts which I think are all non-iodized.
i pretty sure sea salt is the same as the fine salt,it just hasn't been crushed
CaCl2 is available at pool supply shops in 1kg quantities. It won't be labeled food grade but it is the same product. Sea salt is non iodised unless marked otherwise. Salt in NZ is another great product from Marlborough! Other than that try your local friendly craft brewer.
Yeah I agree with the CaCl2 I have some here for my spa pool, I havnt been game enough to try it, but Joking had a sample of it and he's still around.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service