Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Here's a thread we can use once a year, and then entirely forget about for the rest of it.

So, when doing your seasonal thing with family and friends, what beers (or other beverages) will make your day complete? Do you have an elaborate drinking ritual? Or do you just slam down a few to feel festive? Tell us what does it for you to enhance your yuletide celebrations.

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

stupid secret santa!
i picked up a renaissance chocolate oatmeal stout,emersons dunkelweiss and harringtons winter ale.
i forgot to pick up a secret santa gift (+- $10 gift) so it looks like i have to give one of these up, i can't decide which!
which would you keep?
I'd give away the wheaty ...
The Fuller's Vintage didn't stand a chance....

Now I'm looking at this Mirror Mirror and this Black Butte 21st Anniversary and wondering if I'm a better gambler than Shane "The Mountain Warrior" Cameron.
Had some home brewed Pale Ale at my olds for tea, now on to an Aventinus - a nice Christmas beer.

Will have some more home brew tomorrow and can choose from Epic Pale Ale, Fuller's ESB, Founder's Fair Maiden, Dux Nor'Wester or Emerson's Pilsner.

Cheers!
Had a few drinkies at Bar Ed - Nerdherder, Renaissance APA, Twisted Hop Goldings, Emerson's Pilsner, Tuatara IPA off the hamd pump which unfortunately smelt like bandaids and was rejected by all, Pig and Whistle...Not too sure about the morrow. Have some awesome wines on offer.
My plans need to be amended. Alex got me an Allagash Tripel, an Alesmith Grand Cru, and an Alesmith Old Numbskull (most excited about that last!). I also have a bottle of Deschutes Mirror Mirror I'd been saving and forgotten about. That might be a New Year Beer. Today just got a lot more interesting!

Merry xmas all you awesome people.
Quite a sedate Christmas Day for me - keeping up with a 7-year old and doing all the cooking means it's hard to get stuck in. Still, have managed a couple of pints of my RyePA and PacificAle and there are a few tempting bottles in the fridge tonight (if I still have the energy) - Rogue Double Dead Guy, Reviled's Port Stout, my Barley Wine, even a La Trappe Quadrupel...

Hope you've all had as awesome a day as I've had.
Bit sedate for me tonight shared with bro in law 1/2 Gs of
Emmersons Pils (yum as always)
Nerdherder B
Nerdherder D
B was our pick of the Nerdherders but both were awesome!!
Merry Xmas to all for the last couple o minutes left to go!
Amager Nitro
The last of the raven
Bishops finger (i know it's wrong but i love it)
De Molen Rasputin (holy crap)
A lambic which i can't remember the name of (to pissed)
a double red ale by port brewing (i think, to pissed again)
Dortmunder union expot
This was my lineup on Christmas day:
- 3 Monts
- DB Aroination
- Westmalle Tripel
- 3/4 of a 2L rigger of 8Wired HopWired
(a bit of a break, feeling that hopwired)
- Sierra Nevada Anniversary 2009
- And a yet-to-fully-carbonate DB Integration Dry Stout as a night cap.
Man over the holiday period!! I have a keg at a BBQ and im not even there there to enjoy it!! Well I did do 9 hour brew day with the hefe, but dear I say it im beered out!!!!!
Moa Imperial Stout... my second impression has this as one of the beers of the year. It shocked me a little on first taste, not being at all like a 'guidebook' Imperial Stout, but it's a delicious moreish beer. Probably shades Hallertau Porter Noir as the best NZ-made barrel-aged beer this year... and that's saying something in itself. Think more along the lines of Belgian Imperial Stout than Russian Imperial Stout and you will get off on the right foot...

Three Boys Wild Plum 2009... a perfect Boxing Day brunch beer. Ripe plum and great balancing tannins and acidity. I wish I'd had more than one 500ml bottle as my Dad and I knocked this off before we even finished BBQing. What a lucky Christmas - another late contender for beer of the year. There's too many to choose from!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service