Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Moutere Inn invited to serve beer at wine symposium

The 2010 Aromatic Wine Symposium is again being held in Upper Moutere. This year however, the local wine growers/organisers have invited us to serve a few local beers at the event.

We're pretty excited by this as it is a recognition of the quality of NZ craftbrewing and (hopefully) will be a small step in eradicating some of the misconceptions of beer. (ie, the idea that beer is a 'commodity' to be 'swilled' while wine is a 'superior' drink to be 'savoured').

http://www.wineart.co.nz/symposium.htm

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very cool! A step in the right direction indeed. I hope we never develop the barriers to entry that wine has though - perceived or otherwise. I like to think while beer *should* be savoured, on some days, and with some beers, it *can* be swilled, and there's nowt wrong with doing so! :)

That said, a sneaky half consumed keg of PKB Remix has just found its way back on tap at the RCC, and I have to pop in there tonight for a Petanque match (shut up), so I think savouring will be the order of the day there...
Well done!! Some great beers will be poured and I hope the wine people get a proper eye opener. Good on you!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service