Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bitter & Twisted last night at Galbraiths. Tasting absolutely magnificent at the moment! Maybe the best I have ever tasted it.

The beauty of cask ale...
Big night of beer at the beer options last night followed by a big night of celebrations with the team including 3 Boys Golden - I am loving this beer at the moment; Moa St Josephs 1.5 lt bottle - what a bargain and, I hear a rumor the Russian Imperial Stout is getting the big bottle treatment; Mayhem to finish the eve. Just had a Discovery while starting my dry stout, Still have a delicious lingering hops finish in my mouth.
The Russian Imperial is already in the 1500ml. Just working on the labeling which should be sorted by early next week. Its the same batch that won the best in class at BrewNZ, just another 4 months in barrel. Smooth smooth smooth! Amazing how the oak and the bitterness interact as it is rather velvety for a 90 IBU beer. You can get it by emailing the brewery on info@moabeer.co.nz

Already have more oak aging going on....watch this space.
A can of Guinness while cooking the steak tonight - almost disapointing I always seem to remember it being drier ...
First of the corporate Christmas junkets tonight, so Steinlager Pure. Sweet bland nonsense. The wine selection was shithouse too, otherwise I'd have gone for that.

Now home and trying the newly-carbed RyePA. Still mega hazy but excellent fruitiness. Balance seems almost perfect. Loads of different Kiwi hops in there so nothing stands out, but I like it. Should be awesome in a week or two.
Thursday was indeed a milestone day at 'distribution central'. 3 new brews received.

The all new 5% Captain Cooker in 330ml bottles (and very limited kegs),

The Yeastie-nerds Herder...!!! Kegs, handpump bags and bottles which should be at Beerstore by Wednesday.

Twisted Hop Sauvin Pilsner in 500ml bottles for the first time ever.

+ recent receipts from No8 Wired, a wee keg drop from Waiheke, Crouchers Vicars Vice, the glorious return of Maris Gold

Expected arrivals this week - the South Island very limited supply of Mayhem, a limited keg release of Harringtons Lazy Sunday, Twisted Hop IPA in bottles, Townshend 'you name it' in bags for handpump outlets, more Mammoth than you can shake a Pink Elephant at, Three Boys Wild Plum 2009 - to name but what I can remember.

Folks, if all your Xmas'es haven't come at once then you are hard to please. Get in to your local outlet and pester them for what you want. Failing that - let me know and I'll tell you where you can get it.

HohoHo - happy moderate consumption to you all.

CB
TWISTED HOP IPA in bottles!!!! I'll send you a bottle of raven for a bottle of that! ;0)
I just wanna say mad props to NW Vic Park - best beer selection available in AK as far as I know. It's also nice to see people actually buying the beer too, beer section was packed while I was there and half the people were buying craft or 'crafts'.

Drinking Sierra Neveda Celebration ale at the moment. Also bought a bottle of Mayhem, Bookbinder, Ren's Paradox and Choc oat stout.
+1 for mad props to NW vic park, I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had an awesome selection!!
Since its my birthday im bring out the big boys!! I have been hiding a few of these from myself,

Rogue XS Stout
Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch
Moa Barrell aged Russian Imperial Stout
Merchant of the Devil
MMMMft4CH
RIS 08
RIS09
Happy birthday Mike!
Yeah - Happy Birthday bro. I wish I was down there to celebrate with you!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service