Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

alrighty guys, it's not april 1st, who's playing the prank?:) oh, if you really ARE Greg Koch, sign me up for a pallet of assorted goodies and throw in some Russian Rivers, I believe you distribute those as well?:)
Sorry, no, we do not plan to send beers to NZ. While it's quite flattering that not having access to our beers would be an injustice, I feel it is a worse injustice to have poor-quality versions of our beers. Fresh-and-as-intended, or not at all.

Here's what I responded to one of the retailers that just emailed me (I am not including the name of the person or retailer as my goal is not to call someone out publicly):

"Thanks very much for the reply. I only just learned that our beers were available in NZ as a result of stumbling upon a RealBeer.co.nz thread in which several folks were relaying their negative experiences with our beers. Unfortunately, I do not believe any of them realized that a likely reason that they did not like our beer was the fact that it was too old.

I would like to respectfully request that you discontinue importing and selling our beers at this time. When we ship beer to other states in the US, or even just across town, we ship only via refrigerated transport. Same for our limited shipments to Japan. The reason that we do not ship to NZ is that we cannot ensure fresh, properly handled beer at a semi-reasonable price. As such, we also ask that others do not do it either.

Thanks much for your consideration of this request. I hope to be able to visit your country some day and enjoy some of the wonderful beers I know are being made in your country. Cheers, Greg"
-------

In re-reading, my response above just now, I see that I may have mis-characterized when I said that I didn't think any of you had realized that you were getting old beer. Indeed, I think some of you may have realized it. -gk.
It was me :-)
Greg, I'm just being very cheeky, however have you considered contract brewing some of your styles here in NZ.. that way it's fresh! :)

You could probably even export to Australia etc.
:o( Stink...

Why does Japan get it and not us? This is racist ;oP lol
Daniel, out of interest, what are the dates on your Stone beers?
The date on mine Stu was the 27/9/09 but still tasted pretty fresh to me, I got 5 and had the last one over the weekend and only then was it starting to show a bit of oxidisation, but stuff all and it was still awesome...
All sold out of Stone. Some of our dates were over, but not by much. The Oaked Arrogant Bastard mentioned in this thread didn't come from us. Our last lot of Arrogant Bastard was well within date when we last sold it (it only was in stock for 48hrs after arrival). As far as I know, Stone put three month expiry dates on their products.

For what it is worth.. *illegally shipped black market* - Nothing we are doing is *Illegal* - All Duties etc are paid, and its all above board. We purchase off a distributor in California, and then ship it to NZ, so we are only one step away from their distribution model. I have a pretty good idea how the Beers are handled on the way to NZ.

As Greg has mentioned above, "we do not plan to send beers to NZ". It comes down to the question.. Do *You* want to see Stone Brewing Co. Beers in NZ?

I'm quite happy to not import their beers if nobody wants them.

Daniel
I want to see Stone. And other US imports.

Yes, I have been a touch disappointed in some of the quality but I do expect it and I have the same problem with some local beers. As you'd be able to see from my purchase record Daniel I keep coming back, as I have found some absolute gems, and I'm willing to take the risk.

$15 - 20 for a bottle of Stone, or airfares to SF? Hmmmm tough choice there!

Greg, I understand where you are coming from, but if you hadn't read one or two bad posts on here would you have threatened your 'cease and desist'? Probably not. I'd say you would have allowed us to keep lining your pockets.

I think it's also worth noting that Stu and Mike know their stuff, and wouldn't have commented if it was a transportation or age fault.
Yeh, I thought the same thing about the word *illegal*
BUT
It could well be illegal at their end if all of their distributors are signed into contracts stating that they won't do A, B or C.

On a related note, and a slightly better vibe, I got a message from someone involved in another international brewery saying their beers were not 'officially' meant to be shipped here but "can you let me know how are they tasting?". I guess they saw it as a R&D exercise (funded by others!).

The OAB I had was not 'shambolic' due to age. It had too much oak where there is usually too much 'soap'. But it's just my opinion. I'm always keen to hear from people who disagree.

Ironically I gave away a Stone RIS yesterday... as a special gift of thanks (and a belated happy birthday). Today i'd be more likely to have given something else -just so i could take another look at the Stone beer - it was the last one in my cellar.
Less we forget this!!!

http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/video/epic-armageddon-ipa-oak

Now that spent 6 weeks on a boat yours spent 2 and was 7 weeks in the bottle when I had it. If the 2 were side by side I would say that Pete and Melissa take the cake it was far more arrogant than yours. bastard aye!!

This is a PC free zone.
...if the whole world's singing your songs
And all you're paintings have been hung
Just remember what was yours is everyone's from now on
And that's not wrong or right
But you can struggle with it all you like
You'll only get uptight

-- "What Light", Wilco

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service