Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Anyone have any sugestions on where to drink and purchase good Aussie craftbeer on the Gold Coast?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not many "Craft" breweries on the Gold Coast.
You have Gold Coast Brewery at No. 1 Main Wharf Sanctuary Cove, Australia 4214

Not sure if it is still operating.

There was a brew pub in Brisbane but that too has closed.

There is a Sunshine coast Brewery about 1 1/2 north of Gold Coast at Moololaba.
13 Endeavour Drive, Kunda Park
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

Other than that you have CUB at Yatala, they do have tours as does Castlemaine in Brisbane.

You may also find that some of the bottle stores like BWS or O'malies have a small selction of micros from outsdie of Queensland.

Have a great trip.
www.burleighbrewing.com. They do Tours and are good guys to have a beer with.(As most brewers are!!)

Don't think the Sanctuary Cove brewery is still running (may have reopened but thought it had been closed for about the last 6yrs. It did reopen as Masthead Brewing but didn't last long)
It may have opened again, they had some very impressive copper equipment that just sat there for years.
I've been north of Brisbane a couple of time in the last few years and it's pretty average (that's a euphemism). James Squire if you are lucky.
You could always do an online purchase and get it shipped to wherever you are staying.

Nothing on Ratebeer for Gold Coast but there is a few places in Brisbane... and it doesn't look good there either. Perhaps you'll need to stock up here first.
It's a bit late, but there is a carftbrewery at Burleigh Heads

www.burleighbrewing.com

They're at 17 A Ern Harley Drive, Burleigh Heads, QLD 4220

They have an impressive establishment.
Holy crap, awesome! I'm staying about 4km away by the Burleigh Heads park in the end of August. Thanks man, I'd probably never know they were there otherwise...

And yes, I'm willing to bring some hops back...
Bro, you seriously need to get up to Mt Tamborine!! Its about an hour from gold coast but they have two brewerys The Mt and Eagle Heighs, it was such a good day up there tasting all of the beers on offer, eagle heighs has a chch brew master and The Mt is owned by a rich bloke but they employ a czech brewmaster and have some awesome beers!!!

DO IT!!! Im pretty sure you can catch a bus up there, but if not, its worth a taxi ride, taxis are cheap over there! Seriously, you wont regret it :o) I got myself a TShirt lol
I might be able to head off for the afternoon, if transport isn't going to kill me; let Sarah get her shopping fix out of the way...

Doesn't look like TransLink goes out that way :(
I'm out there in July so I'm trying to plan a few beery things to go with the theme-parking. Wonder if I can get away with a visit to Mt Tamborine?? We're staying in Surfers, so a bit of a trek.
Mt Tambourine is not far from Surfers, by local Aus standards.
Get yourself a hire car, and you're there in no more than an hour at the outside.
Well worth the visit, even apart from the beer.
Yup Mt. Tamborine, is a good call. Get yourself a copy of Beer and Brewer, it has a list of Brewer's by State, although not definitive. Also try here, http://www.goasdoue.com/agbd/.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service