Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey,
Going to buy 25kg of MO plus other bits and bobs of wholegrain malt, but have no mill of my own. Not confident [or rich] enough to buy a mill now, I need to see how it's done before taking the plunge. Does anyone have a mill they are prepared to let me use/show me how to use in the Wellington area?

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have 400g of Melondian and Caraaroma un-milled I am using the old rolling pin method!! maybe a sack of MO will be alittle to hard with the rolling pin, lol:)
Yea, but a 750ml glass bottle is better than a rolling pin, less give in the surface.
Just got to remember that you've got to crack it, put the emphasis on the downward pressure, not the roll forwards
There's a few about - where are you ?

I'm in Newlands - willing to share barleycrusher
You're never that far from a Barleycrusher in Wellington. :)

I'm in Wadestown. You're welcome to use my mill.
I'm in Plimmerton but work in Aro Valley. Easy to get to anywhere really!
Thanks to JT and Alasdair, What I'll do then is drop both of you a private message when I get the sack[s] of grain and we can see which of you is available. I don't want to put you out to much obviously, especially as I might become a repeat visitor until I buy a mill! [yes I'm going to jump in on the other forum]

BTW, where do you guys get your grain from? Right now the cheapest I've found is to buy it from Dunedin and have it shipped up here to Wellington. Mad!
Yep, want to buy from these guys as they're local, but from Dunedin its $76 plus $17 freight. Somewhat cheaper! I know Brendon is around these forums, so don't want to offend...but I was surprised by the price differential.
No offence Toast. And I'm sure Brendon won't be offended. Just trying this thing out and there's a lot of stock in my basement and not a lot of return... if you can get a better deal elsewhere then go for it. The main aim is to have a lot of specialty grain avaialable to local brewers. There's more to come in that department.

We certainly couldn't get near that price.

10% discount for SOBA members and you can buy the grain milled (or get part of it milled).

Cheers
Stu
But wait, there's more ?
I dont get it $93 from Dunedin or $96 from Wellington? $3 bucks come on support Wellington and if you dont qualify for soba discount come on support soba!!
I don't qualify for soba discount :o( plus I don't really expect to see the freight go up too much when I add in the special malts...I will be using Liberty and I will be joining Soba, if I can. Just finding my feet here though.
I'll get some dark wheat off you soon Stu. I sense another Aventinus coming up for the Autumn.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service