Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I have been working towards getting a small keezer setup, almost there now. However, I have a few questions regarding regulators.

I understand that CO2 tank threads differ depending on their origin. I am glad I found this out when I did, as I was about to purchase a TapRite regulator from the states. Is there anywhere I can purchase a new stem and nut for the regulator to fit New Zealand CO2 tanks? I don't really have a huge issue paying $140 for a Micromatic reg from BrewShop.co.nz, but it's always nice to save some cash. Also, are the threads in the regulator bodies all 1/4" NPT, or do they vary across brands?

Thanks.

Views: 695

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have a look at allgrain.co.nz he's got some for $85, if I was buying another one that's all I would use, don't know about the thread size question, all I know is the bottle thread is different on the US ones

I had a look at the regulator you mentioned, but I am somewhat weary of 'no name' regulators, as I know some people that have had trouble with unbranded regulators (not Karl's regulators, it was an argon regulator). I am tempted to go for the Micromatic as it is well regarded amongst the homebrewing community.

I had the same issue and bought a replacement stem and nut from BOC, think it cost around $30 but not 100% sure

Thanks, I'll check that out.

I know this is an old post but did you ever get your Taprite onto a new stem for NZ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service