Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Anyone used the Robobrew by kegking? Interested to know how well it does

Views: 2683

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not trying to hijack someone elses thread... Chig what happened with your custom BIAB unit that you built? Are you thinking of upgrading?

Here are a couple of mods that i did to my Robobrew to make it more like the Grainfather.  

I have mounted the pump to the side and added the matching pump switch along side the element switches.

I also added a temp probe to my plate chiller for easy viewing of the temp during transfer.

Attachments:

Looks like there is a new model, it now comes with a pump.

The design looks almost identical to the Grainfather but only $599AU so half the price.

http://kegking.com.au/35l-robobrew-with-pump.html

I've got the original Robobrew and while it was great when I started, I found I outgrew it fairly rapidly simply because of some of its shortcomings.  

Firstly a pump is a must - I supplemented it with a kegking Mk2 pump for re-circ and noticed an immediate improvement in my beers.  

Secondly, because of the design there is pretty severe stratification throughout the mash so while you may think you are mashing at a set temp, you're probably not - there can be about 5C variance throughout the mash (even with re-circ).

Prior to the release of the new RB version I had always considered if I'd had my time again I would have spent the extra money to get a Grainfather as a lot of my complaints about the RB were not present in the default GF.

Although I have now built a 3V system which is everything I'd hoped for, I'm definitely interested in hearing about others experience with the new RB and whether it has addressed some of its original foibles.  From what I can tell they seem to have "borrowed" heavily from the GF but that can only be a good thing.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service