Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

After his passing the time has come for my old buddy Paul Wicksteed's personal brewery to be offered for sale to the public - all funds raised will go to a trust fund for Pauls son.
Please feel free to share this far and wide and please bid heartily if you are in the market for a home brewery.
Cheers
Chris 
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1135010615

Views: 558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kiwi bros, Brisbane Brewer here.

I just joined this forum because of this post.

I'm just keen to throw out the idea of a group buy on this rig with an idea that a kiwi custodian might take ownership of leading the sharing of it with the community for teaching.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/88931-rip-paul-wicksteed-aka-time...

I really have no plan for how the loose ends could tie up, but I've got a couple-a-hundred dollars to throw into the pool / trust and I hope others might be able to help make this something more than just selling Paul's rig.

It would be good if the Time4Another1 brewery was used the way Paul intended; teaching, sharing, community, science.

Jase

Hi Jase, its a good idea but the electrical requirements of a system like this don't suit easy relocation.   I think it will find a good home, tempted to bid myself.  Also the electrical panel means you need to be a "private" user... due to its DIY nature, its hard to put something like this in a school or commercial situation.

It will sell and I hope that the new owner will honour Pauls commitment to sharing beer etc..

anyone looking for a Braumeister 50L   PM me.   would free up some cash to make a bid

maybe the occasional brewer in WGTN will make a bid yet

Nice job putting it all together for the auction Chris.

It was a sad task but seemed the right thing to do.

Hey Chris. What are the electrical requirements of this system? Approximate wattage of each element would do.

Cain - the electrical requirements I am a little vague on as it was a long long time ago when I did the fab work .

As a very loose guesstimate HLT 2kw HEX 1.5kw Kettle 1.5kw + 2Kw so say 7kw heating total 30A plus a march pump and other small loads I would say it would pull 32A with everything on at once.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service