Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

The next WBC style will be a Red IPA. Judging will take place on 28May at Hallertau. as always, judging will start at 3pm.

Specialty IPA: Red IPA Overall Impression: Hoppy, bitter, and moderately strong like an American IPA, but with some caramel, toffee, and/or dark fruit malt character. Retaining the dryish finish and lean body that makes IPAs so drinkable, a Red IPA is a little more flavorful and malty than an American IPA without being sweet or heavy.

Good luck. Let me know if you have an entry.

Views: 844

Replies to This Discussion

Awesomeness.

I have an entry, see you there.

Me neither, I've been struck down by the dreaded man-flu! Dan is bringing my entry though.

Well I'm gutted I missed that, sounds like it was a great afternoon! Looks like I'm going to have to do some research on hop utilisation as that 22L batch had 250g EACH of Citra and Nelson Sauvin and part of the feedback was "needs more hops!" . :D

Hopefully I can make the next one, is Brothers going to be the new venue or was this just a one-off?

Never mistake quantity of hops used for impact/flavour of hops delivered! So many other factors...

Cheers, yeah that's what I was meaning, obviously more isn't always better. Learning about water is next on my 'to do' list, we're on tank/rain water here.

Can't remember the exact date - however now going to be every 3 months instead of 2 months.

The style picked by Bruce was Oatmeal Stout.

Simon and I dropped our batch down this weekend.....

Hoping for a good result from it!

Sorry for my absence here. Will start a new thread for the Oatmeal Stout 

Will it be in the city again or out west?  I see the city as being a lot better transport wise....

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service