Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

The next WBC style will be a Red IPA. Judging will take place on 28May at Hallertau. as always, judging will start at 3pm.

Specialty IPA: Red IPA Overall Impression: Hoppy, bitter, and moderately strong like an American IPA, but with some caramel, toffee, and/or dark fruit malt character. Retaining the dryish finish and lean body that makes IPAs so drinkable, a Red IPA is a little more flavorful and malty than an American IPA without being sweet or heavy.

Good luck. Let me know if you have an entry.

Views: 844

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going to try make it to this one. I brewed a trial one on Tuesday, smells great but looks more brown than red, I'm sure that can be fixed next time round though!

Already got a single hop simcoe pale ale planned for the weekend but I'm keen for this if I can get another brew on in time.

I'm keen to do this one. Love this style.

After a stint of absenteeism - Simon and I are going to get off our ass and make a beer for this one....

I'm in.

So how many of us are there for this one? Bruce and I will be there. Also just waiting on confirmation of the location from Barb. See you on the 28th.

Simon and I have a beer ready to go.....

I'm out, I'm afraid. Was keen for it to be my first brew back in reno'd house but the build is dragging on and my brewing space isn't done yet.

I'm in. Looking forward to it!

Ok, our alternate host fell through. Unless anyone has great connections, we will revert back to Hallertau.

I have an entry too (although it's not so great). Let me know if you plan to enter so I can warn our judges.

I'll be there, if Dan can give me a lift.

OK - Change of plans 

We will NOT be at Hallertau. Instead we will be at Brother's Brewery, Wellsley Street West CBD

3PM

Be sure to remind everyone and I will send out email as well

Cheers

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service