Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Information

Clone Brews

Group to facilitate the brewing and creation of recipes to brew clones of commercially available beers.

Please start each clone recipe as a new discussion in the discussion forum so we can find recipes when searching

Members: 75
Latest Activity: Jan 27, 2019

Discussion Forum

London Pride Clone.

Started by Scott H. Last reply by Kevin Sharp Feb 25, 2018. 1 Reply

I've brewed this recipe a couple of times and it has turned out pretty good.Fuller’s London Pride clone(5 gallons/19 L, all-grain)OG = 1.048 FG = 1.012IBU = 33  SRM = 14ABV = 4.7%This recipe is for…Continue

Sawmill Pilsner

Started by Peter Smith. Last reply by Peter Smith Jul 3, 2017. 2 Replies

Sawmill Pilsner - Has anyone tried to clone the pilsner?Biscuity pilsner malt and distinctive Motueka and Riwaka hops bringing aromas of lemon and lime. Nelson Sauvin for a tart gooseberry hit. Straw…Continue

Panhead Port Road Pils

Started by David R. Last reply by cjmc Jul 2, 2017. 23 Replies

Bit late to the party, I've only just around to trying this beer but I really enjoyed the six-pack I grabbed last weekend! To me it was the perfect hopped-up pilsner with just enough hop flavour…Continue

Weezledog Brewing Publishes Beer Recipes

Started by Peter Smith. Last reply by jt Mar 4, 2017. 1 Reply

Big thanks to Mark Jackman, the legend behind http://www.weezledogbrewing.co.nz/  for publishing his recipes on his website.  Take a look and start…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment by Paul D on March 5, 2014 at 4:18pm

Hi there has anyone had any luck in cloning Panheads Super Charger? What a beer?

Comment by Ralph on March 5, 2014 at 4:50pm

I don't know anyone who has tried Paul. Why not start a discussion in this group asking the same thing and see if anyone comes along with some information? If nobody is finding/contributing to the discussion in this group I would suggest putting a post out in the main forum asking for help to clone the beer and linking the discussion in this group.

Comment by Crusader-Rob on March 5, 2014 at 8:09pm

While i haven't tried to clone it, I recently brewed a beer, that actually reminded me of it somewhat. not a clone but maybe a good starting point.

check out my recipe here: http://brewtoad.com/recipes/mountain-warrior-pale-ale
I'm not overly experienced with tasting etc. but its a nice tasty brew, so feel free.

Comment by Tadd Clayton on September 13, 2014 at 4:07pm

It's not often I get to taste different vintages of a clone. Back in October 2011 I brewed a malt extract based clone of Thomas Hardy's Ale (recipe from Clone Brews). I've only ever had one bottle of genuine Thomas Hardy's but it seemed like a pretty good clone to me, particularly once it had aged a few months. It's got a really nice aroma which reminds me of dates and raisins, a little of the alcohol heat (estimated ABV 12%), plenty of mouthfeel, and a lovely malty character, Definitely a good winter beer. In July I brewed another batch to the same recipe. I've just cracked a bottle of each for a comparison. The new version is certainly showing promise and  I think it will only get better. The aroma is less of dates than vanilla but other characteristics are very similar. Both have a malty sweetness. The recipe is:

10.5Kg light liquid malt extract

0.66Kg British Crystal Malt

70g British Peated Malt

105g Northern Brewer (9.8%) @ 60 min

35g Challenger (8.08%) @ 45 min

35g East Kent Goldings (4.5%) @ 2 min

Dry hop with 35g East Kent Goldings (4.5%) during secondary fermentation

11g Lallemand Nottingham Ale Yeast

Lalvin EC1118 Champagne Yeast after 3 weeks of secondary fermentation

Danstar Windsor Ale Yeast 3 days before bottling

O.G 1130

F.G. 1042

Comment by Buster Bunting on May 22, 2016 at 9:32pm

Helllo,

Has anyone attempted a clone of GPs Pernicious weed?
or know the final gravity?

Comment by Crusader-Rob on May 23, 2016 at 11:02am

Ooooooh Nice idea buster.

Lovely beer that.

Might I suggest you start the process? Its all NZ hops I think.

Comment by Tony G on May 24, 2016 at 8:35am

Dead keen to get a good clone recipe for this too. One of the lads at brewtopia suggested some time ago that they had a potential clone recipe but nothing further than that. Bottle says Rakau and Nelson so theres the hops sorted.

Comment by Cain Harland on November 23, 2016 at 2:54pm

Almost ashamed to admit it but I love Macs Birthday Suit. Anyone got ideas on how to clone? Hop variety wise I'm guessing at least some nelson and cascade as its reminds me of Hop Rocker which is funny because I hate the newer version of Hop Rocker.

Comment by Panther2 on February 15, 2017 at 11:26pm
Has anyone tried the partial mash Speights distinction Ale clone that brewers coop have? I've just brought all the ingredient to give it a go. www.brewerscoop.co.nz/recipies.php?id=12

Comment

You need to be a member of Clone Brews to add comments!

Members (74)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service