Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

We are currently holding an excess of FF, and are looking to sell some off at a really sharp price. It is 2012 harvest, but has been stored at -18c since we purchased it. It is packaged and being sold in 5kg bags, so you might want to chip in with a couple of mates. $75 a bag, which is a steal at only $15 a kg! 

Hit me up at colin@forkandbrewer.co.nz

Cheers

Views: 1763

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just compare it to some hops you know are ok and should have equal or more bitterness, if its what we had it should be pretty obvious.

So I just tipped the second brew with this down the drain tasting 1 week into primary and the same off taste that was in the first brew was there. Also after brewing made a hop tea with this and pacific jade for comparison and the FF was awful. No dry hop this time so I'm thinking contamination not infection. When the box arrived the bag inside had a small tear in it. I didn't think anything of it at the time as the hops still smelled awesome. I'm guessing that on the way into NZ they were sprayed with some kind of horrible pesticide or something. Mark and Agsy also had disasters so Norri if your reading this I would bin your share.

Mine are already in the bin, my batch had a nasty bitterness.

Yes Cain, I too think those hops were tainted in some way as it was not a hop biterness ..I dread to think what I've contaminated myself with as I did take a fair gulp of some .. :-(  It would be very interesting to hear what Colin has to say on this matter ?? As I do wonder why he wanted to get rid of so much.. Not for one minute making any accusations Colin , I just want to know if you had any issues with those hops also ?

Sorry to hear about your second batch Cain , but it does confirm for me that it was the hops that tainted our brews..

Same here mark, Ive tossed the rest out along with pouring 20 liters down the sink :-(

Sounds like a real bummer.  

Just checked - three of us brewed from the same 5kg pack, and all had good experiences.  Seems to lose flavour reasonably quickly, but beer doesn't hang around too long at my place, so not a big issue.

Would go another 5kg...

That does point at our particular pack then

Nice to know you had some success Pierre... I guess marks right and it was only our bag that had issues in some way ?? Maybe MAFF did see the opened bag Cain, and did indeed spray it with something inside to kill any bugs that might have entered the country???

The bag was sealed inside the original box so no way Colin or MAFF could have known but I wouldn't be surprised is all hops packages are sprayed on their way in for some bio security reason.

Hi Guys

Sorry - just dipping back into this thread, I've been in Philly judging at WBC.. We certainly didn't have any issue with the hops, but were sitting on a fair bit and wanted to move them before they became too aged, hence the price.

I know all the boxes we sent out were sealed, so I had no reason to open them, perhaps MAFF do spot check/ spray some bags as they come into the country(?), I doubt they would once already here.

Sorry some of you had a less than positive result here :(

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service