Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Any one know where to get a M6 to 1/2 inch NPT or BSP bushing. Most of the PIDs Ive been looking at have M6 threaded probes but I want to put one in a 1/2 T. How do others solve the problem of 1/2 inch being the brewery standard and M6 being the standard for probes.

Views: 541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YES

As chig says, if its a mechanical device (ie it goes clunk when you turn it on) then it is not required. SSR definitely. If it has a metal plate on one side with holes to attach it a heatsink, that means its a SSR.
Oraybe you are asking if you can be slack about the heatsinking because you are only using 30% of its rating? You still need a heatsink as the 40a rating is only achievable on an "infinite" heatsink (water cooling it) . practically you could only avoid the heatsink if you were using less than a few amps.

That was the question, answer seems to be yes from everyone. Ordered the package that included the heat sync.

Industry standard usually will have the probe immersed in the product. Something like this http://www.intech.co.nz/products/temperature/mth.html
Pockets are dogs of things. Usually chokka with air gaps and are crap for accuracy or rapid response. The probe I listed can come with a compression fitting. This can easily be bushed to ½".
What's the application?

Cheers. Its for the out flow on a RIMS tube. I ordered a cheap one from ali express will see how it goes.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service