Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Does any one know if an upright Fridge (top) / Freezer (bottom)...can be modified to kill the freezer section and keep the fridge section operating.

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, A fridge will get most of its cooling capacity from the freezer area. its just how the refrigeration circuit works.

Besides, youere would be no reason to do this, as the freezer will be a good place to store hops etc anyways.

Besides, youere would be no reason to do this, as the freezer will be a good place to store hops etc anyways.

Except it would be turning on and off under temp control all the time.

I want to use that section for storage of brewing items with just the top running.

I wil have to check out the frifge/freezer cooling circuit I guess and see if they are independent at any point.

its unlikely, as the majority of cooling will come from the freezer. i belive its not a good idea, as even if its works, the life span of the fridge will be reduced, with the increased load on the fridge part.....

nice idea though.

I imagine you could locate the thermostat for the freezer and and snip one of the wires fairly easily.

As @Crusader-Rob posted, most fridge-freezers are a single circuit so you cannot do one without the other. Older fridges have a secondary circuit through the fridge section after the freezer. The newer ones just duct cold air from the freezer into the fridge. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service