Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Looking for advice on combining Nesson Sauvin and Motueka hops

For my next brew I'm thinking of doing an IPA using Nesson Sauvin and Motueka hops. Just wondering if anyone here experienced with combining these hops has some suggestions for me on good combinations? Like equal amounts of each for each addition versus favoring one hops over the other for early or late additions, dry hopping, etc. And would an additional hops variety for bittering be beneficial?

Cheers,

Aidan

Views: 4514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's the great thing about being able to brew to your individual taste - wise words jt.

I made a blonde using cascade and sauvin earlier this year and its a little cracker.  I did 50-50 for both hops I believe, I'll post the recipe when I get home.  They work really well together, definitely recommend it as the pair.   I used both for bittering, flavour and aroma. 

I'm glad it was a 120 litre batch as the first couple of kegs evaporated :p

Hi Liam. Just wondering, did you end up posting this recipe? Cheers.

HI Liam an old post I know but did you get around to posting that recipe - looking at making a blonde with these hops. Cheers Mark

Sauvin and Cascade ... I haven't done that in a while, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm going to try a Kolsch next brew with NS to bitter and Mot for a couple of aroma additions. Great combo I'm hoping....

NS and Motueka 1:4 later is good too.

Interesting timing, I just finished planning a summer blonde with NS:Cascade:Motueka @ ratio 1:2:3.

Great minds...

Nice to see you out and about Mr C, keeping well?

You could also sub in Pacifica for the NS if you wante something a bit lighter and zestier

All good with me.  Still brewing enough to keep me in beer and a few experiments to keep me entertained.  Been brewing with US hops lately, time a for some kiwi hops next.

It's been yeast for me lately. Nice to have a change.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service