Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hiya folks!

I would like to start bottling a good amount of my beer from my kegs. The options I see that seem to be best are counter pressure bottle fillers, and the Blichmann Beer Gun.

Unfortunately INI does not have the Beer Gun in stock anymore. However, I think this is probably the way to go for ease of use. So, two questions.

1) Do you know somewhere in NZ or .AU I can order a Blichmann Beer Gun?

2) Is a bottle filler easy enough to use without a second person being there to hold the bottle?

Views: 2938

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Resurrecting an old thread here but does any one have an experience with the cheap Chinese knock off of the Blichmann beer gun?

Also when using a beer gun do you need a heap of beer line to balance like you do with taps.

I do. Bought it without doing my research and paid about the same as the Blichmann which was stoopid! It works fine, just the rubber stopper sometimes slips and you get sprayed or pressure at the top of filling causing foam-over.

Yep, you need to balance the lines same as a tap, if not more because you want to slow down the pour for the fill. I use 3m for the tap and 5m for the gun which works well. Also, put your bottles in the freezer for 30+ mins before filling - helps keep the froth to a minimum. The other thing you can do is release some pressure from the keg and turn down the psi to slow the fill rate. I'm not unhappy with it, just wish I'd bought the Blichmann as I have their 29 gal Brewdog and the quality is incredible. Top notch company.

I have one of these - cost $20. It takes gas and liquid disconnects and has a barb on the underside to allow you to attach a tube for filling bottles.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=494050

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Stainless-Carbonation-Cap-w-5-16-Bar...

Hi Guys

I use a counter pressure bottler from CraftBrewer in AU (Brisbane), $AU80 last time I looked.  It gives excellent control but works with PET bottles.  I intend to make an adaptor for crown cap bottles eventually.  The beer flows out of the seal around ring that allows it to flow down the side of the bottle while the gas goes out of a central hole - this makes the adaptor tricky to make.  You will also have some fun with beer/gas connections but the result is great.

I have this unit installed on the inside of my keg frig door so it can be permanently connected to the keg for filling a bottle or a just a glass.  This also means there is no yeast growth in the system.

If your going to make an adaptor have a look on a couple of the Aussie brew sites as someone there made an adaptor out of a couple of washers, I have one of those fillers and tried machining something up but the washer idea was the easiest and worked the best

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service