Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Expressions of interest please to get an idea of numbers.. Thinking swap about 20th of June   Hopefully a full swap given the new of number Grain father owners !!

The process goes something like this:

1. Brew a beer you're proud of and want other brewers to try and give feedback on.
  2. Post your recipe as a separate thread in the NZ case swap group - feedback from others'll be posted under your own recipe thread.
  3. Bottle it up in 750s - plastic bottles are best as they have to be shipped around the country using "smash and stomp" courier service.  Plastic being lighter also keeps the costs down a bit too. 
  4. How many you send in will depend on the interest we get ----> total number to contribute = number of brewers in the swap minus 1
  5. Get your beers to a central point under your own steam.
  6. The organisers then make up a bundle of mixed cases and send them out. 
  7. Receive your case, chill, drink and enjoy while giving feedback on the beer to the brewer via their CS recipe thread.

I'm happy to be the Auckland depot again this time around. 

If we get a few interested from Wgtn/ ChCh or elsewhere it might be good to have local "hubs" and organisers there too.  Shipping with NZ post to Auckland (assuming this is the only depot as it was last time, that we've got 13 brewers and everyone is using PET bottles not glass is about $20 from the North Island and $35 from the South.  

Redistribution costs split over the lot of us came to about $10 each. 

So to summarise costs, if Auckland is the central point, are:

$10 for Auckland brewers who drop off and pick up in person

$30 for other North Island brewers

$45 for South Island brewers

How does that all sound? 

All that said last time there where only AKL people and it was free... sometimes I stump up the WGTN courier fees from a side line business I have, lets see what happens we try to do this as cheaply as possible.

Views: 936

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for organising this again Peter.  Looking forward to trying everyone's beer! 

Swap time in the Smith household along with a stern message that this beer is going out of the house....   somewhat mitigated by me being dry, would have been worse if sampling as i swapped them.

Only one strange leakage, a 1/2 full plastic from Ryan that was the issue but we cant see how the liquid came out nothing happens if you squeeze it...  all the glass bottles seem full..  anyways there was enough in that pack that everyone has got one of them anyways.  There is a lot more glass in this swap, which is ok as often you don't know what beer you will put in etc but there will be some risk to the couriered ones, where possible where people gave me a mix of glass / plastic i have made sure remote ones are plastic. 

Please comment ASAP on your recipe with the labelling (or lack thereof if in unique packaging) and if beer should can be consumed now or is best kept warm etc for carb/conditioning

Sorry Peter not sure how that would have happened?  The bottles had only been used once before.  I hope it didn't cause any damage.

nah its all good, only 200ml or so of beer, most soaked up by the box, but the crazy thing is if we really squeeze the bottle it doesn't leak??? all the other bottles are full... it has to be that bottle but its rock hard half full..

Strangely enough this has happened to me more than once, half full plastic bottle rock hard and beer stain on the chipboard shelf beneath it......

It must have a tiny hole somewhere that only leaks under pressure.  Cant really think of any other reason...

Mine are the 500ml glass bottles (labelled) - to be consumed now - fridge temp - which won't be hard down here in Wellington! Thanks Peter for organsing this - your lounge looks like sampling heaven!

Jeepers - all quiet on the Case Swap front - gulp - was my beer awful? 1 comment - sad days team.....

I've got a few bottles in teh fridge I have been meaning to start into.  So no comments as I haven't actually tried any yet!

Good reminder to crack into these.

Sorry Duncan I haven't even had a chance to pick mine up yet.  I'm sure it will be delicious like the stout you made last time around.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service