Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Expressions of interest please to get an idea of numbers.. Thinking swap about 20th of June   Hopefully a full swap given the new of number Grain father owners !!

The process goes something like this:

1. Brew a beer you're proud of and want other brewers to try and give feedback on.
  2. Post your recipe as a separate thread in the NZ case swap group - feedback from others'll be posted under your own recipe thread.
  3. Bottle it up in 750s - plastic bottles are best as they have to be shipped around the country using "smash and stomp" courier service.  Plastic being lighter also keeps the costs down a bit too. 
  4. How many you send in will depend on the interest we get ----> total number to contribute = number of brewers in the swap minus 1
  5. Get your beers to a central point under your own steam.
  6. The organisers then make up a bundle of mixed cases and send them out. 
  7. Receive your case, chill, drink and enjoy while giving feedback on the beer to the brewer via their CS recipe thread.

I'm happy to be the Auckland depot again this time around. 

If we get a few interested from Wgtn/ ChCh or elsewhere it might be good to have local "hubs" and organisers there too.  Shipping with NZ post to Auckland (assuming this is the only depot as it was last time, that we've got 13 brewers and everyone is using PET bottles not glass is about $20 from the North Island and $35 from the South.  

Redistribution costs split over the lot of us came to about $10 each. 

So to summarise costs, if Auckland is the central point, are:

$10 for Auckland brewers who drop off and pick up in person

$30 for other North Island brewers

$45 for South Island brewers

How does that all sound? 

All that said last time there where only AKL people and it was free... sometimes I stump up the WGTN courier fees from a side line business I have, lets see what happens we try to do this as cheaply as possible.

Views: 936

Replies to This Discussion

Ian and I went to Winter Ales down here last weekend - lots of stouts, strong beers - good times.

Hey Pete, do I add a reply in here with my recipe for feedback?

no goto the very top of the page and click add

put

CS13  "Beername"  etc etc in topic field

and recipe etc in the contents bit, just wait a day or so and someone will demonstarte or look back a bit in the group

Hey where can I drop the beer off in Auckland?

Sorry about the delay just sorting out if a final beer is in or out.   My own intended beer is a Pils that is still showing signs of Acetaldehyde, I will still put it in as a booby prize, it will need to sit warm for a (long) while, but swap in a UK pale ale thats being bottled tomorrow.   I am hoping it will be a more deserving effort, but I am breaking my never put a beer in a swap that you haven't tasted rule.   Swap will take place Saturday afternoon whatever happens and I will get the WGTN beers onto a courier Monday morning.   

Cool - thanks Peter - just in time for the school holidays!

Sounds great, thanks agian for organising

That last beer is going to be in ! , Swap is on for Saturday as discussed.

I decided to also do dry July Pete. Should be able to taste all the CS13 beers first week of August.

So cant find a link to your beer for thecase swap, so  ased on whats in theglass here is my long overdue tasting,

Poured very clear, golden with big off white head, mine was very highly carbed, lots of lacing on the glass, geeting and earthy spice, hints of fruit but arome is pretty subdued, should have drunk it already probably. Good body and mouth feel, a warm alcohol sensation. A pleasnt beer that I expect would sneak up on you quickly. Thanks flr sharing Ian

We are tracing a beer sent to me Friday on Freightways, its probably in AKL and I expect to get it today,  As soon as I have that one they will be able to go out.   

Good news i have the last beer, so swap will take place tonight.  This is also good news for me as i have been getting it in the ear with all the beer sitting in my entrance way 8)     Locals can pickup from me tomorrow night but ring me first to make sure i am home will be 7:30pm ish as the beers will by then be locked up in my garage, out of town beers will go soonish got to pack a bit better etc and sort things but you should have for the weekend.  Those who dropped at my work or at no 1 home brew tasting will be able to pickup from my work but I will only be carrying in one batch per day so pm me.    

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service