Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Expressions of interest please to get an idea of numbers.. Thinking swap about 20th of June   Hopefully a full swap given the new of number Grain father owners !!

The process goes something like this:

1. Brew a beer you're proud of and want other brewers to try and give feedback on.
  2. Post your recipe as a separate thread in the NZ case swap group - feedback from others'll be posted under your own recipe thread.
  3. Bottle it up in 750s - plastic bottles are best as they have to be shipped around the country using "smash and stomp" courier service.  Plastic being lighter also keeps the costs down a bit too. 
  4. How many you send in will depend on the interest we get ----> total number to contribute = number of brewers in the swap minus 1
  5. Get your beers to a central point under your own steam.
  6. The organisers then make up a bundle of mixed cases and send them out. 
  7. Receive your case, chill, drink and enjoy while giving feedback on the beer to the brewer via their CS recipe thread.

I'm happy to be the Auckland depot again this time around. 

If we get a few interested from Wgtn/ ChCh or elsewhere it might be good to have local "hubs" and organisers there too.  Shipping with NZ post to Auckland (assuming this is the only depot as it was last time, that we've got 13 brewers and everyone is using PET bottles not glass is about $20 from the North Island and $35 from the South.  

Redistribution costs split over the lot of us came to about $10 each. 

So to summarise costs, if Auckland is the central point, are:

$10 for Auckland brewers who drop off and pick up in person

$30 for other North Island brewers

$45 for South Island brewers

How does that all sound? 

All that said last time there where only AKL people and it was free... sometimes I stump up the WGTN courier fees from a side line business I have, lets see what happens we try to do this as cheaply as possible.

Views: 936

Replies to This Discussion

as long as no one is too put off the end of june is cool. I originally said earlier but some wanted long, lets do the swap 1st July but you can drop off beers weekend before etc etc

I can take drop-offs and bring swap beers into AKL CBD by prior arrangement.

WGTN guys post them up to me and i courier back in combined pack.

And you can warn people to leave in bottle for a bit if you are brave enough to put in an untasted beer  8)

I've had some carbonation issues (cold weather in wellys) but still keen.

Pete, if your coming into No 1 Queen this month I could pass to you then
Should be ok what day is tasting?

Yes I'm in!

been out of the loop for a while, have a pale ale to bottle this weekend, or maybe a theakstons clone, will have to sample that and see how it came out. so looks like eight bottles to Auckland within the next couple of weeks

put them in if you have enough....       no one will mind a tiny bit less

Yeah guys - mines 500mls as well sorry. But its touching 8% ABV so......

Hey Pete, could I drop mine to your work? or your second home Vultures:-)

Pete - could you PM me work/home address to drop off please

cheers,

work is best pm me,   vultures kicked me out as flatmate .....     you going to city of ales?

ha ha, yes going to city of ales, late session

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service