Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Any Interest in professional gluten free malt malted in NZ

I know of a small company based in NZ looking at professionally malting gluten free grains, with amounts being enough to supply the homebrew community and a few selected breweries who are looking at developing a gluten-free beer or who are looking to have access to a unique brewing adjunct.

I am writing this more to build a bit of interest and to see who is interested in this company developing in New Zealand and to help spread the word of what would be a great asset to the NZ brewing community. If you have any questions or are interested in knowing more shoot me a message,

Cheers!

Views: 700

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been using Clariferm in a few beers to massively lower the GF content,  not totally GF but close, would be keen to try some malts as a HomeBrewer

good video comparison    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86EfzU88lV8

I have done about 120L of different beer with clariferm    I really like it, less gluten , clear beer.   It does seem to ferment a few points lower then without it, no difference in taste or head retention, no issues with carbonation.

Do you use Clariferm due to the fact that you are GF or as a point of interest? I have tried brewing with it before but it just made me sick regardless even at twice the recommended rate, however, if its working for you then thats good news!! This might be of some interest to you, its a facebook group who go over gluten reduced beers. https://www.facebook.com/groups/sickfromgrbeer/1609049039338258/?no...

I have psoriasis so try to limit Gluten but was also brewing for a Celiac mate, he has no issues so far with Clariferm beer.  I personally just like to reduce Gluten intake a bit personally, I can tolerate it, but like it better without.

Apart from the 3 points lower it seems to finish and the amazing clarity.   I had an ESB last night, been in bottle for about 2 months, I could read a car plate through the glass of beer about 30 ft away, Crystal clear, like a filtered beer.

how quick does it drop clear compared to other fining agents?

I think gelatine is quicker BUT so far all these beers have been bottled not kegged so harder to tell.   I did a czech lager that still has chill haze even tho I used clariferm, will see what happens once its bottled carbed then in fridge for a week or so.

I still think gelatine is a great clearing agent , just that this is meant to be GF reducing.  

Lots of people have told me that the WilliamsWarn clearing agent is also Gluetin binding, its used at the end of the ferment vs clariferm at the beginning.  The WW product is a lot cheaper...

A few of our customers have expressed interest in a gluten free beer - would likely only use up to 50kg grain a month though.

Hi Eugene, where abuse is your customer base located? 50kgs is better than nothing, good to see some demand slowly coming through. As it stands the company is currently talking with an equipment fabricator and is looking to have Millet, Buckwheat and amaranth on offer, eventually if demand if there look into other grains such as teff, sunflower seeds and oats. Will keep you posted as progress comes along if you would like?

I’m currently razing grain in a gluten free malting trail, razing heritage seed from the Kohunga Institute, you can follow my progress on FB Brewbomb Brewing if you want?

Hi,

I would be interested in getting my hands on some GF malt. At the moment I am just using the sorghum syrup from Brewers Coop, which is better than nothing.

I have tried malting my own buckwheat and it makes a nice adjunct, but I can't do it in large enough batches to make a full brew.

Let us all know if this business takes off.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service