Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I've just ordered a fridge for fermentation and now need to get a temperature controller. I've found this one that looks ok.

http://shop.brewtopia.net.nz/product_info.php?cPath=27&products...

What temperature controllers are people using? Any recommendations?

Cheers

Ben

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

STC-1000 all day every day....Brewtopia sell them, Talk to Karl or Kerry

Thanks for the reply.

I've heard a lot of praise for these but I'm really not confident with wiring one up myself. Are they superior to the 'ready to go' units you can buy, or is it the price that makes them so popular?

Cheers.

Value for money they cant be beat.........They are not that hard to wire up there's a ton of info around on how to do it.......Just remember your only switching the phase on and off, Neutral and earth get transferd though to your cooling/heating units...Brewtopia sell them prewired ready to go and I'd say if there was an issue they would stand by it

Cheers for the info Nathan. 

Another question I have is how are people getting the wire for the heat pad and the temp probe into the fridge, are you cutting a notch out of the door seal or drilling through the side of the fridge?

Cheers.

I just shut the door on mine, it seems to seal up fine and haven't noticed any issues with holding temps etc.  I think you would have more issues cutting the seal.

I drilled holes, you have to be a bit careful obviously. One way is to punch through the outer lining (with drill), then prod through the insulating foam (with a screwdriver etc) to make sure there are no pipes in your path, then run the drill all the way when you are confident. If you stick really close to a corner you can be pretty confident there are no gas tubes.. undertake at own risk though

Closed on door then tied to fermenter between fermenter and foam job done

I've just ordered one (+ heat pad).

Thanks for the input everyone :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service