Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hooked on sour, trying the Grapefruit one tomorrow

wow ,  this is such a great beer, was a super hot day and this was my first beer...   if you haven't tried one do so bloody amazing and only 10 ibu   from their website Our best selling beer at Beervana 2014!

Beer geek stuff

Style White Beer
Stats ABV 4.4%
Bitterness = 10 IBU
Colour = 3 SRM
Malt Pilsner, Torrified Wheat, Rolled Oats 
Hops Kohatu, Wakatu 
Other Egyptian chamomile
Yeast Fermentis K-97

Bastards, I always thought chamomile would go well in a wheat beer, it is on my list to brew. Confirms how ahead of the curve I am..;) Thanks Pete will have to check it out

Is it just me or has Macs Hop Rocker changed a lot and not in a good way? It used to be one of my favorites and maybe drinking a lot of craft and home brews has changed my tasted but I was disappointed almost to the point of throwing away the second 1/2 of my big bottle. It tasted just like some cheap mas produced industrial crap not the crisp hoppy beer I remember.

I think both hop rocker and sassy red are very variable in quality, maybe its from production or maybe mishandling at some point in distribution cycle who knows but they have good and bad batches for sure...   I was raving about sassy red a few months ago it was stunning, but current bottles, not so much.

Pale Ales and Pilsners in the Tropics of Hawkes Bay ....

Picked up Bright Side Pale from Brave at the Sunday market, that was really drinkable.
Then the Citra / Motueka Pils from Dermot's Fat Monk had an awesome first up aroma

Then back to Roosters for a Haymaker
A real change for me, a thick stout with a couple of grains I'd never used before.

The idea started as a dry stout but I wasn't 100% on it.
Spent half an hour or so chatting to the guys at Baylands and ended up doing something completely different.
Carafa Special 2, Biscuit and oats were new. Some roast barley and pale. Bittering with Pacifuc Jade is good. Got a power off addition of riwaka, in hindsight I'd go with it earlier or with something a bit more gutsy.
Fouled up the brew, it's way down on gravity, but first pint after carbonating is pretty thick. 1034 down to 1010 with Thames Valley.
Might do it again and see if I can hit the gravities and get the balance right http://api.ning.com/files/eAkQ2xyNfS49Kk8-9LZo3lUF5mBhzZIzGc83YDM-j...

Hallertau BDSM Imperial Schwarzbier at Brew on Quay last night. Holy shit it was good.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service