Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Had my gas filled at Wormalds the other day. Dealt with a nice guy there called Dave. Not only would he only take $40 (5kg fill was listed as $49) but he told me about this guy who has just started selling kegerators in NZ (see attachment).

Richard Hill
Manager
Gelid NZ

Ph. 06 377 7342
Fax. 06 370 3196
email. richard@gelidnz.co.nz

p.s. thanks to Kiwicrog for dropping my gas bottle out there in the morning.

Views: 2680

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have a look at my keggerator and I have also built another one for a friend. these are the basic instructions i used 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK_EAuZyzfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiDGrBppI0M\

Basically the rule of thumb is a 400L chest freezer will hold 3 corny kegs and a CO2 bottle or 4 kegs if you have the CO2 on the outside 600L freezer will hold 5 or 6 corny kegs depending on where you put the CO2. the perks of using this method is that you are doing no drilling or anything on the freezer its self so there is no risk of hitting the coils or moisture getting inside the lid and making it weigh a ton. and with most of the freezers have a shelf which I use to store either bottles or two 10L corny kegs. 

Feel free to message me if you need any advice 

Cheers

Attachments:

Thanks I may well have some questions for you once i acquire a suitable fridge or freezer

I was going to say thats a nice setup till i saw the speights towel......tsk tsk

it was free and I was sick of people leaving ring marks on the top :)

I'm interested in opinions about taps vs beer gun. I will be mostly filling glasses and jugs.

I Have both and filling bottles is definitely better with the beer gun, but if im filling a growler for the night then I just put a bit of hose on the stout tap and works pretty well and saves cleaning the beer gun.

Cleaning? every use? no way. Taps it is.

If you get the right taps there is a growler fills attachment you can get that fits into the tap.

Just to be clear I was talking about the pluto type beer gun. Do they need cleaning every use?

Hi,

Need some advice. I would like to build a kegerator with a tap tower and to fit 3 kegs. All the bar fridges Ive looked at seem too small, so I was thinking of getting a small fridge. The only ones I have come across so far are around 1200mm high, 520mm wide and 570mm deep, like this one for example:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=889510087

Do you think this would work? 2 kegs on the bottom and 1 keg and the CO2 bottle sitting on top of the compressor? Am I likely to have problems putting a hole in the top for the tower?

Thanks!

I would recommend making some cardboard cutouts the same size as the kegs you are going to use. Pepsi kegs are 8inch but coke ones (more commonly available) are 9inch and it makes a big difference. Then ask if you can view the fridge and see how they fit in it. I found when looking for mine people are hopeless with measurement (always too big), I even bought one and got it home to realize it would hold 2 (I wanted 4) if I was lucky, the guy gave me my money back but what a pain. I also made a little graphic on the computer with circles for kegs and a rectangle for the inside of the fridge to arrange them on but reality always seemed a tighter fit than the plan with things like shelf brackets cutting into the measured space.

I see its now sold anyway but you may struggle to get 3 kegs in one that size. Mine is 630wide and only about 7cm between the 2 kegs in there at the moment, that's width wise and the 2 try and squeeze in front will be touching them to fit in the depth.

On one like that where you can see the bit that gets cold you are probably not going to hit wires or coolant cutting a hole in the top but that's just a guess I don't really know.

Thanks Cain, I have 2 kegs, they are both 220mm diameter. So I figure 520-440 is 80 and then maybe 50mm for the fridge wall! Your right that is tight...but maybe doable? Then squeeze the other keg in and the co2 bottle...

Problem is they don't seem to make ones that are 1200 high any wider. Oh well, more research! There's another one on trademe, might take my kegs and pay him a visit

When you say 630 wide...what's that internally?
Thanks

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service