Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

i have just harvested about 500g of home grown mystery german hops. what sort of beer would you guys recommend putting them in. i dont have lagering capabilities so i was thinking like a basic pilsner recipe fermented with kolsch or us-05 yeast. ideas?

Views: 573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Hamish

No it was on the banks of the Geraldine river not far from the old pub there. From what Joe described in an email to me they sound a bit like the other old UK stocks he has collected from the North Island - slightly floral, no punch. Are you in north Island too?

Cheers

Steve

Might have to go down and have a wee look around there as I'm heading that way soonish, I'm in Christchurch

Feel free to pop in at home (Im in Hoon Hay) and see what I have there in case you interested in trying any of those you don't have already. would need to be soon though as will probably harvest the rest over easter

Yeah won't have time top brew with any freshies this year due to living the dream, but keen on a rhizome swap though will pm you with what I have,

Cheers

I hear that there are hop plants wild in Puhoi...    brought by original setlers,  I know a lot of people in that area so will be able to get hol;d of some for you if interested,  no idea if they have much punch they are prob saaz so lowish AA

Yes Joe Beverley has mentioned puhoi too as one he has collected

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service