Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

We spoke about creating a discussion so people who have or people who are thinking about and/or building can share pic's info and pitfalls to avoid.

Just about finished building my bench and hopefully will have a chance to start wiring it up this weekend. Pics to follow shortly.

Views: 19883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Was just looking at the Auberins ones as well and they aren't that much dearer but mind as I have the Sestos ones already may as well add to them,

Would 6 PID's on a control panel be greedy though, oh and heaps and heaps of lights just ordered a load of green, red and blue ones

and some of that neon blue people put under cars...... you could backlight a sight glass.

I was actually thinking about making the control box out of Perspex and doing something like that, then I remembered I was 40 and my mid life crisis isn't that bad so will have to suffice with plenty of lights and PID's and a stainless brew stand that will be a piece of art (hopefully)

stainless control box ...   looks like a pro setup......

I foolishly bougth a Celica many 12 years ago and I am not "allowed" to replace till it dies....   they run even without oil...    all grown up now replace with a hilux or ford territory, damn the stainless boxes are $$$ tho $5-600, but laser cut they are the dogs bollox

Yeah China or the States I am thinking I want to allow for as much space as possible as I have been drooling over the brewtroller for years so I want to eventually add that onto the system once funds allow

Been going awesomely Scott. Amazing.

Hey guys, I need to run some 4mm^2 TPS wire into my control box (15mm x 6mm) - like this.

Anyone know where in Auckland I can find a cable gland that can fit flat wire? These are what I'm after, but I'd prefer to source locally. Thanks in advance

MasterTrade should have them

A round gland will work fine once you tighten it tight enough it will squeese the tps round.

To be honest mate ,You should have some protection on this cable below 2 meters ,Its TPS so not used as a flexible cable,  which those nylon gland are for ,you are better to get a flexible conduit like beta flex conduit with connectors and run that down to your control box, 

You're totally right, but I already had the cable and the unit is not meant to be moved much. Will probably incorporate your suggestions in version 2.0. I've got an RCBO protecting the circuit and will do lots of earth continuity testing before plugging it in

Cheers, yep have done this and it works well

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service