Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Is a Sanke keg the same as the standard NZ 50L?

I scored one from the scrap yard. Was going to be a kegggle by now I'm thinking about sticking one of these Sanke keg false bottoms in it and making it a mash tun. Do People think that will work?

Views: 473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes and yes. Thats what i use, a converted keg.

yes I use a 50L NZ keg as a mash tun, if using beersmith use the 50L keg profile but put 13.5kg as keg wait, that way you can hit your strike temps ....

Thanks guys. I was going convert the 50L Chinese pot that currently doubles as my kettle and HLT to a mash tun and use the kegs  (still have to find another) for kettle and HLT but these false bottoms are so much cheaper than anything that will fit the pot so maybe keep the pot for HLT. Will be good to get rid if the rectangular chilly bin and have a mash tun with a proper false bottom and a suitable shape for continuous sparge.

my false bottom is homemade (not by me) out of stainless mesh will cost a photo, looks easy enough to do, no spot welds just small stainless nuts and bolts, photo's coming tomorrow for you.

I am going to insulate with silver camping matt, no issues in summer but in dead of winter I have to add boiling water every 20mins, so I am going to insulate.

nice

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service