Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

With Summer fast approaching it's time to get a sessionable beer in the fermenters. I've never tried this beer but it sounds the ducks nuts. Here's the recipe from Can You Brew It courtesy of the brewery. http://www.stonebrewing.com/levitation/

All recipes are (unless otherwise specified): 6 gallons post-boil, 70% efficiency, Morey for color, 15% evaporation, 7.27 gallons preboil, Rager IBU

4.25kg British pale
0.5kg crystal 75
0.25kg crystal 150
20g black patent

Mash at 157

14g Columbus %AA 90min (unknown AA%)
29g amarillo %AA 30min
33g crystal %AA 20min
11g simcoe %AA 20min
42g amarillo dry hop for 5 days drop to 15C.

7 day diacetyl rest.

WLP007 pitch at 18C then raise to 19-20C after 24hours.

SG = 1.044

FG = 1.010

Target ABV = 4.4%

Views: 601

Replies to This Discussion

Dry hopping tonight. 100g Amarillo. Tasting great so far and great colour.

PS by the way, Pete you were right. SG was 1.052 with this recipe. 1.050 after a 3L water addition.

So is anyone drinking this yet?

I'm having a go at it tomorrow but have changed the hops a bit to use up what I've already got in the freezer;
Columbis @60, Amarillo @10, Amarillo and Cascade @0, Amarillo dry.

Sounds Tasty.
If you have any cacade lefgt, you muight as well chuck it in the dryhop too.

Yeah I've got plenty of both, but the original only calls for Amarillo in the dry. Might calculate what I need for my next IPA and Epic PA clone and chuck what ever is left in this one.

I don't see why not.

I've brewed this a couple of times actually (had the original too). Great beer, so much flavour.

Here's an a idea for some variation - Most recently I split the batch 5 ways and used different dry hops at 2g/L - the rest of the recipe was more or less verbatim (crystal 80 and 120). For the dry hopping I used separately Rakau, Centennial, Nelson Sauvin, Riwaka and Pacific Jade. Nelson and Centennial were my favourites, both blended really well. Riwaka was also really nice - it was a bit more of a contrast but a really nice flavour - sort of reminds me of Emerson's Bookbinder in this case.

Nice work Reuben.
Had an empty keg to fill, so I brewed this onSaturday, 
Had to sub a couple of things, such as Caramunich for the Crystal 80 and Shepherds Delight for the Dark Crystal.
I also increase th hopping to more rounded amounts.
15g @60
30g @30
35 @0 (Stand for 30mins)
15 @0 (Stand for 30mins)
50 @Dry

Been kegged for 4 days. Used 090 Yeast, and man its lovely, slightly thinner than I'd like, that'll be the american ale yeast, ratherthan the lower attenuating english strains. Should be good in another week or so.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service