Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

We spoke about creating a discussion so people who have or people who are thinking about and/or building can share pic's info and pitfalls to avoid.

Just about finished building my bench and hopefully will have a chance to start wiring it up this weekend. Pics to follow shortly.

Views: 19883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done Barry, what was the first ever beer brewed on the new system?

Simple pale ale,

96% Golden Promise, 4%crystal

3 kettle additions of Amarillo and Centennial all late (15min first addition). Irish moss.

Kicked up a couple of really old S05 packages with some starter wort to proof them.

Measured on 75% efficiency but got closer to 85%. Luckily I measured pre-boil and upped the hops a bit. Allah bless the humble refractometer.

Sounds tasty, great efficiency too!

Looks great man, well done.

is there a longer PT100 probe cable available for the Sestos PID's, or can they be lengthened I need to add about three metres of cable to get to my control panel, what's the best way to go about that?

And also what's the best way to calibrate the temp on them?

As I understand it you will be fine as long as you use the same type and length of cable for all three wires.The third wire is just to measure the resistance of the lead itself so it can be compensated automatically by the controller.

Basing this on the reading I did for my control panel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistance_thermometer#Three-wire_conf... . Specifically the sentence:"This configuration allows up to 600 meters of cable".

Haven't got any specific cables to use since the wiring I did was inside the control panel so I just used some spare audio cable braided together. My controller suggested twisting the wires together to reduce interference which suggests some twisted/shielded 3-core cable would be a good idea.

what was the number you used for the sensor settings my manual says 21 for PT100 but its throwing some weird numbers at me starting with -208

I was being cheap and went with the Rex controller rather than a Sestos so just a guess but I suspect you have the sensor wires either shorted or around the wrong way.

The cable I used had two red and one white wire which was the resistance wire. You check using a multimeter. One pair will have zero resistance and the other pairing should have ~110 ohms.

Looking at the sestos manual you want the 100 ohm wire to terminal 3 and the other two to 4 & 5.

the probe I got was two wire which is why I am scratching my head as it doesn't make sense, I have set it back to K type and it appears to be working but really slow to react like 30 seconds then its up and down before it settles,

maybe the probes I got are the wrong breed, eBay and Chinese can't expect too much I suppose

2 wires then it's not a PT100 I'm afraid.

it said so in the auction and on the probe itself, mind you can't complain they were bloody cheap 

In that case where does one purchase some PT100 probes locally

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service